Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for my first service yesterday with my 04', no problems other than when I told them that my brakes squeak all the time, they said all of them do.

I refuse to believe this. He said they are working on a fix, but there is no way this could be true.

When I drive FORWARD, the breakes squeak when I get to lower speeds. It is really quite annoying.

If this is actually true, please advise, but if anyone else has any suggestions on how to fix them, please let me know!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey, do a search and you'll trip over the TSB and the related threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the link, thanks, however, the site only address the brakes when it is cold. My breaks are fine when cold, and only cause the problem when hot.

I will keep searching and if I find anything, I will post it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Mine do it when cold and in reverse every day.

Not when hot though. They may have a "glaze" on them, or at least I think that is the term.

Supposedly they can be cleaned along with the pads.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
i maybe jinxing myself but no squeaks here. KNOCKONG ON WOOD :D :D

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I NOW HAVE THE SQUEALING BRAKE PROBLEM!!! WOO-HOO!!

Just started earlier this week, ~3750 miles on the car. Happens every day leaving work, backing out of my spot in the garage. :x

According to the official InfinitiFX.org calendar, my seat should start rocking soon, like around 5K miles?? :roll:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ShadyJC said:
I NOW HAVE THE SQUEALING BRAKE PROBLEM!!! WOO-HOO!!

Just started earlier this week, ~3750 miles on the car. Happens every day leaving work, backing out of my spot in the garage. :x

According to the official InfinitiFX.org calendar, my seat should start rocking soon, like around 5K miles?? :roll:
My seat started at 9K :wink:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yeah my seat started to rock @ ~5k

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is the seat rocking very minimum? You wouldn't notice it if you were moving. I just started feeling a small tilt fwd and aft a couple of days ago. I have 35000 miles on the truck and now I am feeling this.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
GEAUX said:
Mine do it when cold and in reverse every day.

Not when hot though. They may have a "glaze" on them, or at least I think that is the term.

Supposedly they can be cleaned along with the pads.
Ditto, every time I back out of the driveway; usually 2 no more than 3 times. I'm at 1950 miles and plan on having the dealer check them at the 3750 service.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Mine used to squeal slightly when backing out of my garage in the morning, but that was it. Doesn't do it anymore. I have 15.6k miles.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
Is the seat rocking very minimum? You wouldn't notice it if you were moving. I just started feeling a small tilt fwd and aft a couple of days ago. I have 35000 miles on the truck and now I am feeling this.
Yup, that's what it feels like; sometimes a clicking sound accompanys it. They replaced my seat adjuster mechanism per the TSB and it's been solid and silent since.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've only got an occasional light squeel when backing out of the garage in the morning...sounds like a trend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My brakes sing

At half pedal depression at lower speeds, I get a loud groan like I'd expect from a dumptruck. I took it in and as luck would have it, couldn't recreate the sound for my SA. Of course, it started back up on the way home from the dealer.

I'm going to print out the tsb and take it in. It seems to come from the front though. And I can feel it through the pedal.

I also have a very slight seat rock. No significant leather wrinkling though. I love the car, but these things shouldn't happen to a $50k vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2004 made in june -- 5500 miles - no brake noise at all.

·
Registered
441 Posts
To fix the problem all rotors must be cut or replaced...purchase the PRO ACT CERAMIC PADS/ Akibono...and all your troubles will be gone.
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: My brakes sing

Jeffhay said:
At half pedal depression at lower speeds, I get a loud groan like I'd expect from a dumptruck. I took it in and as luck would have it, couldn't recreate the sound for my SA. Of course, it started back up on the way home from the dealer.

I'm going to print out the tsb and take it in. It seems to come from the front though. And I can feel it through the pedal.

I also have a very slight seat rock. No significant leather wrinkling though. I love the car, but these things shouldn't happen to a $50k vehicle.
I completely agree. Dealer says all brakes are squealing on the FX's, but that doesn't make it right! I am very disappointed in how they are handling the problem. Already had the pads replaced and now it's even louder. Pretty embarrassing in the neighborhood when a 45K auto sounds like this. The guys Neon across the street doesn't have this problem!
Now have the "seat rock" problem at 6K miles. Infiniti needs to make this right and in a hurry. :evil:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: My brakes sing

FXGAL said:
Now have the "seat rock" problem at 6K miles. Infiniti needs to make this right and in a hurry. :evil:
Go have 'em do the TSB for it. Mine was fixed several months ago, and it hasn't come back...though it seems that it has for others. I wonder if some dealerships aren't taking shortcuts on the fix :?:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts