Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I bought my fx35 in November and posted questions about gas mileage which were kindly answered. In the first month. I heard this ABS noise and loud vibration a few times and then it went away for months. Last week it came back and its getting more frequent and stronger.

It also effects the gas peddle though. Once or twice, Iactually got the vibration thing happening on the gas peddle when accelerating.More frequently though, the effect on the gas peddle, directly after the noise on the brakes, is that there is a complete loss of power for a full 2 seconds while depressing the gas -- no response at all-- after which something kicks in and then the vehicle accelerates normally.

Would this indicate something else like perhaps a pump or something which is connected to both?

Greatly appreciate any ideas you can offer on this. I'll be taking in to the mechanic on Friday.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Have any of the warning lights come on and are there any codes stored in the system. It sounds like your traction control unit is causing a problem. The vibration could be your ABS kicking in. It can be a little jarring when it does. the loss of power sounds like your TCS kicking in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no warning lights on at all. I'll pass your feedback on to my mechanic. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts