Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
kieranlavin said:
Sure I answered a 2 year old thread... with a 2 hour old question at the bottom of it
I was talking about Omega.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
kieranlavin said:
Oops :oops:

That was before I had my coffee
No worries. I don't get up before 11 am on most days. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re:

Walt said:
A TSB is just a instruction document for the techs, it does not include free brake work, never hurts to try but dont cont on getting it done for free.
I just called my local (Portland, OR) Infiniti dealership and they said they had not heard of this as a recall. A TSB is just what "walt" describes it as... it doesn't mean you get free work, free work comes after a recall is issued. I called the Infiniti hotline to see about any and all recalls out on my vehicle (2004 FX45) and I was told none are out. I guess it's on to Pro-Cut the rotos or just replce them... ::?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
astout said:
I just called my local (Portland, OR) Infiniti dealership and they said they had not heard of this as a recall.
Just look up ANY TSBs for an 03-08 FX... they are all identical under the hood so any 1st gen TSB can be used for any 1st gen FX regardless of year...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Brake Judder

I've got brake judder at 35K on a 2007. Dealer says its covered under warranty if brake pads are more than 6mm thick. If 6 mm or less then the cost is $295 per axle. Anyone know what the standard brake pad thickness is? My last check up indicated that 50% was left on them. Rears go first according to the dealer due to traction control.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
6mm is less than 1/4 inch. That's pretty low in my book. I usually change pads before that and keep a set or two around as an emergency backup but if I pulled a caliper apart and found 1/4 inch, I'd be checking my stockpile or on the computer immediately ordering a new set

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
If you had 50% on the rears (and your last checkup wasn't too long ago) then you should be well above 6m mm...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts