Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please excuse this post not being specific for the FX....

BUT..... it looks as if this system would fit the fx35, with about a 7" midpipe extension (can already buy this to connvert the 350z system to fit the g35!)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Sweet :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Ahhh you traitor :razz:

looks cool. how about a sound clip?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Not wasting any time, are ya? :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Have you looked into the Fujitomo Ti exhaust? Guess its a little too late. Looks very nice.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
whats the gain over the RPM range on this mod?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bradical said:
whats the gain over the RPM range on this mod?
minimal to none below 3500 rpm (due to resonators i think) and about 9 rwhp above....

the main reason for these is that they compliment the characteristics of the centrifugal vortech blower quite nicely....

news update:: just went back out for another ride, and, after another heat cycle on the system, it seems to have richened upo a bit.... not sure if it's the ECU adapting, or the muffler wearing in, but the sound is VERY sweet, and reminds me ALOT of the 911 porsche.........

looks like i got my money's worth here (retail is about 930 for this system, i got it for 699 shipped, (2day fedex)

:hotsun:

i will know for sure when the FI gets installed, and, until then i am taking a list of anyone interested in getting in....

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
On the FX45 the sway bar is diff R to L and hinders 2 pipes,not impossible ,but diff...is FX35 different?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brnjugfx45 said:
On the FX45 the sway bar is diff R to L and hinders 2 pipes,not impossible ,but diff...is FX35 different?
same deal here....

notice that one side goes above the sway, while the other goes below....

i think the fx and G's are the same platform, and are very close in alot of respects.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Did you install flow thru cats with the exhaust??
Phil

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yup; all it takes to put a G35c exhaust on an FX is to have the tips cut off and another piece inserted to extend them. IssaFX on FA had the NISMO exhaust put on his FX35 (that took an extra midpipe extension piece (pre-feb and orderable), since it is made for the 350Z).

Be aware that aparently the FX45 has a different part number (though from all appearances identical in appearance and dimensions) for the actual muffler than the FX35, so hard telling what, if any, effect that will have if this is attempted on a '45.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MustGoFastR said:
Yup; all it takes to put a G35c exhaust on an FX is to have the tips cut off and another piece inserted to extend them. IssaFX on FA had the NISMO exhaust put on his FX35 (that took an extra midpipe extension piece (pre-feb and orderable), since it is made for the 350Z).

Be aware that aparently the FX45 has a different part number (though from all appearances identical in appearance and dimensions) for the actual muffler than the FX35, so hard telling what, if any, effect that will have if this is attempted on a '45.
I THINK the difference is in th4e baffle of the muffler steve....

while cleaning my g35, i accidentially knocked into the muffler body, and it sounded waaay hollow, in comparison to the more solid (stuffed) sound the 45 makes when knocking on it....

certainly would explain the louder/raspier note the VQ emits thru the same basic design...

have i mentioned that i am smitten with this coupe, (in n/a format even??)

the SM dropped by today to p/u the borla boxes in his fx35 (would fit in my G) and when he backed into the drivew, my front windows vibrated...

i swear the 35 has a bigger exhaust note than the 45... having had both, i really have a good comparison basis//

the VK, however, has a burble & gurble unlike the 35's and Q's......

-wonder how the new (and current) m45 sounds??? (true duals would be kickass on all the VK's, imo

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yea, I figured that's what the difference was. My point being that if one were to put one of the VQ exhausts on (it would certainly fit), that the result woud likely be VERY agressive on the VK.

I really gotta stop reading your threads. I'm really starting to miss my coupe. :( Oh, well; still love my FX and it's nicer interior and all the tech toys. Just going to start saving up for a weekend toy. No more of this compromising luxury/performance/daily drivability stuff; just gonna get a pure fair weather, good roads BEAST (not sure what yet, but it''l be two or three years anyway).

·
Registered
882 Posts
get a 96 TT supra
I will own one!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yea, those are nice, but there's just too many good newer car to consider an older, out of production car. I'm sure there will be even more by the time I'm ready to buy, including the new Supra.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts