A new hot GB item here :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Whhoa, nice...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet! That looks like a pretty labor intensive mod, though.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice Benzo. Where can the rest of us get these?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The benefits of living in Taiwan, I am on the group buy list in Taiwan.

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes,it's a labor intensive work.

DIY , you've to open up the headlight cluster, put the ring in,
wiring and close it up by glue.
moisture is very concerned, do it at dry place.
3~4 hours man-work is reported by our pilot member.
You can find a trust work shop to do it as well.

I'll check if it's orderable in e-Bay & let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Yeah or else if some one from fx.org wants to organise a gb I can help out on this end and do the shipping and purchasing once the eyes are out.

Jim

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
yes, those look rather nice, could there be inherent risks associated with opening up the headlight housing, maybe future moisture intrusion causing electrical shorts or anything i cannot think of, and if problems do arise from the mod will the warranty hold up, from what i understand the fx is very pro "electronic", if something shorts out is there a safety feature to prevent the short from spreading to other electrical systems, i'm sure there is, but then again moisture amounts and types vary for different locations/countries, but i guess there is no guarantee for any mod we do that it won't fail or cause problems, we try it and hope for the best, i'd like to buy those angel eyes for my fx...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That'll be great ! jim.

jimsbmw said:
Yeah or else if some one from fx.org wants to organise a gb I can help out on this end and do the shipping and purchasing once the eyes are out.

Jim

·
Registered
787 Posts
Looks very sweet but what happens when they burn out :shock: ? Would we need to crack them open to replace or just use a mild glue :roll: so no cracking? Bulb life?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ba Ba Luwee said:
Looks very sweet but what happens when they burn out :shock: ? Would we need to crack them open to replace or just use a mild glue :roll: so no cracking? Bulb life?
There is 1 guy had done it with 1 LED, looks pretty good but we have to seperate the housing to get into it. Scare me.
http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 FX/day, 5 hours/car, the shop is very busy since GB launched.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Benzo

If you have time can you let me take a look at yours first and did they do a good job.

Thank

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See you in strawberry day, Rudy will have these LED rings done
by then.

jimsbmw said:
Benzo
If you have time can you let me take a look at yours first and did they do a good job.
Thank
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
See you on Sunday, will try to remeber to bring a camera and take some more pics.

Jim

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hey Jim/Benzo, I'd be interested in this depending on how difficult it would be to install, would prefer not to break any seals if I can help it... let us know! Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Will see how it looks on Sunday when we have another meet in the mountains of Taiwan somewhere. A few have installed and I know one will go and will take a look at the install.

Jim

1 - 20 of 106 Posts