Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas of integrating bluetooth into our FX's. I would like to have the ability to take the call with a touch of a button and be able to hear it out of the car audio systems. I guess I'm asking for what the new Acura TL has, but I'm sure with the inventive members in this forum, someone can come up with an idea? Maybe using the dvd harness in the rear center console for audio input? and using a custom button flushed on the center panel where the heat seat buttons are?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Email: [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Personally I'm okay with just hitting mute on the dash and using the speakerphone on my cell (it's very loud) but it would be nice to be able to hit one button and answer the phone. My cell doesn't have bluetooth but it's a great idea.

When I'm done integrating everything in the system I'm currently working on I might give it some thought. A tap on the touchscreen to answer the phone would be tres cool :D

A few other people here are working on similar projects who maybe have bluetooth phones already...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
There are a couple of systems (Mototola for one) that has a bluetooth car install. The only thing, is the muting of the stereo.

I would love to know, if anyone know how to get this to work.

- Nik
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Yeah, I saw an ad about Motorola's on a mag. Does anybody know about this sys.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
New car kit from 2005 CES

There is pretty slick new bluethooth kit from Motorola. I just saw it working at the 2005 CES show in the motorola booth (well sort of working the woman who was trying to demo it to me could not connect it to the phone). But overall its very nice, it has a great voice recognition system and can be mounted right into your dashboard. It comes with an external speaker but the lady said you could intergrate it into the car audio system as well.

Check out the pics and info at:

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/gra ... 14,00.html

One note is I am not sure if it is out or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Re: New car kit from 2005 CES

Alex said:
There is pretty slick new bluethooth kit from Motorola. I just saw it working at the 2005 CES show in the motorola booth (well sort of working the woman who was trying to demo it to me could not connect it to the phone). But overall its very nice, it has a great voice recognition system and can be mounted right into your dashboard. It comes with an external speaker but the lady said you could intergrate it into the car audio system as well.

Check out the pics and info at:

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/gra ... 14,00.html

One note is I am not sure if it is out or not.
It is officially out now: http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/Q ... phome&id=1

See also: http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/nc ... 6&type=All
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
This new Motorola blnc IHF 1000 carkit seems very interesting. I wonder just how hard a DIY install would be?

Anyone have any install experience for this or similar products?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
According to the list of items in the kit, it's just like any other kit where there's a central processing box (with the bluetooth), a control pad, a speaker, and a microphone. It should be very simple to install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I think its neat little toy, and has some good features but a little pricy. I was debating for a little while what to do in terms of Bluetooth integration and came to a conclusion that a headset is the best way to go. I got the Jabra BT250v. I think the only better alternative (which is not really an option) is to have Bluetooth build in, like in the new M or the Acura TL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
GAMacky said:
According to the list of items in the kit, it's just like any other kit where there's a central processing box (with the bluetooth), a control pad, a speaker, and a microphone. It should be very simple to install.
Yes, that way should be simple. However it also can be integrated into the cars stereo system - that way was what I was questioning. I wonder how hard it is to integrate into the existing stereo system?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
300! That's a ripoff, you can build or buy a carpc for a few hundered more and have bluetooth integration like I'm doing, but then again, it does look pretty sweet and if BT is all you want then I understand. 8) I love my moto bt headset that I'm using got it for about 50 bucks. I would have thought they would charge maybe 100-150 for the carkit...



Buttons off


Buttons on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I think the IHF 1000 looks very interesting. A little pricey, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I need to find out if it works with Blackberry's as the current Motorola Bluetooth kit sold by Verizon does not for some reason.

I just installed a ProClip Center mount into my FX35. I had to get the dealer to help me though. I wasn't able to seperate the dash and vent enough with the little tool they give you to get the clip in place. The service guy simply pulled out the clock and pulled the module out a 1/4" for me. 10 minutes later (and zero cost) I was done. Great support from my Infinity dealer. I love the position of the mount.

If anyone gets more info on the IHF 1000, please post! Maybe the little controller thing would fit where the ashtray is?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
Teledatageek said:
I need to find out if it works with Blackberry's as the current Motorola Bluetooth kit sold by Verizon does not for some reason.
Really?? Where did you see/read/hear this?

I have my Blackberry paired with my Jabra, it was a pretty painless process.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
ShadyJC,

Folks at my local Verizon store told me that there was issues with it working with the Blackberry's (at least Verizon's). I also spent some time with the local Verizon data guru who said the same thing. I also read it in a couple of other forums.

I have successfully paired by 7250 with a couple of headsets with no issue. But, I guess there's some issue with the Bluetooth kit that the currently sell. I can't find it on Verizon's website but they display it in the store. It's not the IHF 1000 though.

Wouldn't be good to pay the $$$ to have it installed and then have issues.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
@ sinapps, I have tech so I'm using the stock screens I have (back and front).

Someone else is going to move the stock screen (non-tech) down below instead of the clock and put a new one where the stock was. Check the thread on that, there should be an update soon.

As for BT - check http://www.howardforums.com and look in the forum for your phone. Not sure if this is the problem, but you need a specifc hands-free profile for cars to use it. I don't know if blackberries have that. You can't just use the regular hands-free one with car kits unless this kit is different. Anyway check on hofo for all that stuff, you can peep my posts there as well in the ppc fone section :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
GAMacky said:
According to the list of items in the kit, it's just like any other kit where there's a central processing box (with the bluetooth), a control pad, a speaker, and a microphone. It should be very simple to install.
Yes, that way should be simple. However it also can be integrated into the cars stereo system - that way was what I was questioning. I wonder how hard it is to integrate into the existing stereo system?
To integrate with the stereo, I followed this thread:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90

I modified the schematics a bit to reduce the loudness of the cell phone kit. I used the Nokia BT hands free car kit and it works great for me. It doesn't have all the features that the Motorola has, but enough for me and my Nokia phone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Has anyone had a Bluetooth car kit installed yet or planning on it?

I keep getting conflicting info that is stopping me from taking the plunge. One positive report would be great!
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top