Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a new Bluetooth phone and want to make my life as easy as possible of course. I do have the Tech package, but have not found any info about a built in blue tooth package. This would be a nice addition to the FX.

If anyone does have an aftermarket system installed, would you either recommend a brand, or even say how horrible yours is. Either way it would help me on my search.

Should yours be one of the horrible Bluetooth systems, you have my condolences.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I know there was someone who had installed the Parrot CK3000 kit successfully. I am thinking of trying the Sony Ericsson unit.

I'd suggest doing a search here and on FA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bluetooth Cell phone and U-connect

I installed (well it just clips on the sunvisor) the Motorola bluetooth speaker phone. It works well with my Audiovox Smart Phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've installed a bluetooth unit that I got from Chrysler. I had it in my Dodge Ram and took it out just before I sold it. It took me about 2 hours to install in the FX but most of that was figuring out how to automatically silence the stereo amp during a call. I did this with a small relay at the amp and am very satisfied with the installation and performance.

I've used it with Motorola V500 and V600 as well as SE 610 and T68i. All worked great. From Chrysler it comes with connectors for the stock head unit which I just clipped off and then installed into the FX. To wire up there are just 4 wires to connect: +12v (bat), +12v (acc), ground, HF mute (ground closure) and then mounted the speaker slightly under the dash and the mic right at the top of the driver's A pillar. No holes drilled and I can remove the unit in about 10 minutes if I ever sell the car.

The unit works great and everyone I talk with says it sounds good too.

Chrysler calls it something like UConnect and it is made in Germany.

The only other unit I've tried is Motorola's full install bluetooth car kit and IMO the sound quality was horrible and programming was more difficult when compare side by side with the UConnect. Additionally, only stored numbers could be dialed with it whereas the UConnect can dial a number by name or by speaking the digits to be dialed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts