Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2006 FX45 with NAV and Bluetooth Phone. Seems like there should be a way to pump music through the system as well. Anyone figured this out yet (without new hardware)?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Just got a 2006 FX45 with NAV and Bluetooth Phone. Seems like there should be a way to pump music through the system as well. Anyone figured this out yet (without new hardware)?
I have a 2009 FX50 that has the same problem, blue tooth for phone but not for audio. I do have RCA audio inputs in the center console and I use a Monster audio bluetooth FM transmitter to patch my IPhone into my FX Audio inout. The Monster unit will transmit on the FM band but it can be noisey. THe Monster also provide a miniature female stereo receptacle, which I connected to the console RCA receptacles and I have internet music at a reasonable price. I use RadioTunes for $48 a year for hundreds of channels. Good Liuck

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2009 FX50 that has the same problem, blue tooth for phone but not for audio. I do have RCA audio inputs in the center console and I use a Monster audio bluetooth FM transmitter to patch my IPhone into my FX Audio inout. The Monster unit will transmit on the FM band but it can be noisey. THe Monster also provide a miniature female stereo receptacle, which I connected to the console RCA receptacles and I have internet music at a reasonable price. I use RadioTunes for $48 a year for hundreds of channels. Good Liuck
Wait, you have RCA input and use an FM Modulator? Why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there, I am a new owner of an 06 FX45 abd I'm wondering if you ever figured out the music streaming? I tried an FM transmitter but there was a lot of feedback. What was your solution? Thanks

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
114 Posts
I like this bluetooth transmitter I found on Amazon. There is no feedback and works great.

I like this model also because there is no on-off switch. Why? …Because the power to the cigarette lighter in my 2004 FX45 gets switched “off or on” with the ignition key, so that in turn powers-up or powers-down the bluetooth FM transmitter without me needing to do it.

Note: These devices also show your battery voltage before and after the engine starts which is nice to check if you ever think your alternator may be failing or you can’t start your car due to a dead battery.

If you want an on-off switch in your Bluetooth FM transmitter then this one works great:

Here's how to operate these things, if you don’t know:

* Tune your FM dial to a station in your area that does NOT have any sound or static. In my area I selected 99.9FM.

* Then set your radio memory button(s) (the one on the far right let's say, #6) to this station 99.9FM.

* If you radio has A,B, and C radio presets, when you will want to sore 99.99 for each “bank” on button #6. This way, no matter which radio memory button/preset you are listening to, every time you push the #6 button your radio will go to 99.9FM.

* Now connect your cell phone your FM Transmitter with your Bluetooth function and rename the connection “Infiniti Car” for each identification in the future.

* And now, when you are driving and listening to music or talk radio on another station, you just press button #6 on the far right... and your Cell Phone, which is already connected via Bluetooth the radio-transmitter... will also "handshake" with the 99.9FM frequency... and you can talk clearly on your cell phone hands free… and your car speakers now let you listen to your CALLER on the other end.

Note: 10 years ago these FM transmitters were garbage, but not now!

After you setup your Bluetooth Transmitter once you are all set. But you still have to connect your cell phone via Bluetooth to the transmitter.

Note: I also suggest you buy this mount for your cell phone. It too works great and on my GEN-1 it mounts just to the right and above the cigarette lighter socket.

Good luck!
(See .pdf attached.)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts