Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any aftermarket gauges for the FX, I was looking for something with a silver face in daylight and a blue glow at night.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesnt the FX share the gauge cluster with other Infiniti/Nissan vehicles? maybe something made for another vehicle would work with the FX.

I really hope there is something out there because I strongly dislike Amber lighting in vehicles. I know its strange and most would say who cares but its just one of those things.

I figure I will start with the gauges and then replace the various bulbs and color filters in the dash and behind buttons until everything is blue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ariza said:
I figure I will start with the gauges and then replace the various bulbs and color filters in the dash and behind buttons until everything is blue.
Before you start this, you better check on what you are starting with... I'm pretty sure that there are no 'color filters' and that there are just a load of orange LEDs back there shining through the buttons. So, unless you are planning on doing some intricate soldering of surface mounted LEDs you aren't going to be changing any button colors...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would actualy prefer if it was only LEDs that needed to be replaced. Then its simply buying a bunch of blue LEDs and sodering them in.

I will definetly post pics when I start on this project.

If anyone has info on gauges please let me know.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks like fun! my god thats a lot of LEDs.

I still think its totally worth it, thanks for the link, it definitely speeds things along when someone else has gone through it.

I will be posting a similar step by step with pictures when I start on the project.

Thanks UnknownG

·
Registered
186 Posts
THe G35 turned out really good. If it didn't require good soldering skills and patience I wouldn't be affraid to rip apart our dash but I am.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting our link :) We are always glad to see other car enthusiast going for new things. We've seen quite a lot of people do led stuff with their dash. We can see anytime a link is posted to our site, so we have checked out great led projects from around the car world. :)

LLS custom builds ANYTHING as long as the persons sending it in take their dash out and use a voltmeter to read the voltage polarity of the bulb contacts. Once we know this, we can do whatever, there are no limits. So if anyone needs us, just give a yell to [email protected] :)

We generally do anything for $199 and give a lifetime warranty. Top grade German 15k led's are all we use.

Happy modding folks :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow that guy did an awesome job! Still, if the lights were clear, why not just sand off the amber film and add blue film? It would eliminate the soldering process.... Hmm i wonder?
BTW, im new here and happy to finally post! Im a proud owner of a Sapphire Blue FX35 '05. Got it last week. :D [/b]

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
BlazinBlueFX35 said:
Wow that guy did an awesome job! Still, if the lights were clear, why not just sand off the amber film and add blue film? It would eliminate the soldering process.... Hmm i wonder?
BTW, im new here and happy to finally post! Im a proud owner of a Sapphire Blue FX35 '05. Got it last week. :D [/b]
detailed pics please :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
what LED size do i need to do this mod? for center dash buttons?
and where to get those are?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I made a thread months ago about silver gauge overlays...obviously that doesn't change the interior colors...but something different...they needed 50 people and only a few were interested so the subject was dropped...here is the thread:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5904&highlight=silver+gauge+overlays

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but there isn't a whole lot of mods for this car...I thought it would be pretty cool and also look cool w/ graphite/aluminum interior

·
Registered
93 Posts
Has anyone been able to change out the amber back-lighting of the 05 FX35 dash display and gauges? I've never liked the amber, and would much prefer the white light used on the G35s. Is it very difficult to accomplish? Photos if you have done this - or links you've come across. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
A few have done this. I'm pretty sure there's a full write-up with pictures... Not easy to do though...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts