Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the speakers on the bose systme amplified? Or are only the subs amplified?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I can't answer your question, but I've got a request...

I understand, and respect the fact that you dislike the Bose system. However, there are many of us who do love it, and for you to call it "Blose", is like one of us going to a BMW forum, and saying how bad they suck...okay, well maybe that was a bad example since they do :D Suppose you've posted pix of your newborn, and I came along and said that that's the uglist **** brat I've ever seen...ya get where I'm coming from? I'm sure you didn't mean it as an insult to anyone...we've just got different tastes...well, we both picked the FX, so you're not a total loss :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
WoW! You compare your love for Bose to your newborn! You must really love Bose :)

Mushu:
There is an amp in the trunk area that amplifies all the speakers except for the sub which has it's own amp. Speakers don't have individual localized amp as in some other Bose systems.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
848 Posts
shajan said:
WoW! You compare your love for Bose to your newborn! You must really love Bose :)
Yes, the example was "over the top"...on purpose, and I didn't say it was my newborn. Should I have use the term: a face only a mother could love? :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
I can't answer your question, but I've got a request...

I understand, and respect the fact that you dislike the Bose system. However, there are many of us who do love it, and for you to call it "Blose", is like one of us going to a BMW forum, and saying how bad they suck...okay, well maybe that was a bad example since they do :D Suppose you've posted pix of your newborn, and I came along and said that that's the uglist **** brat I've ever seen...ya get where I'm coming from? I'm sure you didn't mean it as an insult to anyone...we've just got different tastes...well, we both picked the FX, so you're not a total loss :p
As much as I love my FX45, the sound system Blose. Seriously it really isn't very good and many of us know this.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
sorka said:
As much as I love my FX45, the sound system Blose. Seriously it really isn't very good and many of us know this.
Hrmph. Do this- give me the name of a currently-in-showrooms model auto that's got a system that's oh-so-much better than our BOSE systems, so I can go hear it.

I've never had anyone complain about the BOSE in my car, and I know people who have all manner of upscale cars (and even those with Richter-scale "audio" systems in their BlingMobiles).

I gotta know what it is I'm allegedly missing.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
sorka said:
I love my BOSE system and I love the Navigation system as well. Although they both have some shortcomings, they suit me just fine. I knew about the limitations of both systems before I bought the car. Yes, I did my homework. If you didn't, then that's just too bad. However if you did research it, then please learn to live with it or upgrade it. Either way, the continued complaints are tiring and just hilight to the rest of us that you are a lousy shopper who seems to delight in hating parts your car - parts that many of us like a great deal.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If you don't like the Bose, follow this simple procedure:

1. turn it off
2. roll down windows.
3. stand on gas

You've just activated one of the best sounding sound systems on the road. Enjoy!

Seriously, the Bose is pretty good, IMO. Did you have a bad day, Sorka? You posted 4 or 5 negative posts in a short period of time today. You're almost stooping to troll level.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I liked the bose system, but hey, since mods for the FX is coming such a slow pace, I had to start somewhere and might as well start from the interior.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:
I liked the bose system, but hey, since mods for the FX is coming such a slow pace, I had to start somewhere and might as well start from the interior.

Jim
You've got a '35 right? There're tons of mods available.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I know, but living in Taiwan its a little harder to get the parts, and so far fedex is costing me a fortune for all the parts that I have got sent over.

Hopefully on my next trip back I can bring back a new exhaust with me.

Jim

btw the dealer over here is installing 45 exhaust on 35, he said its suppose to be better anyone heard anything about this?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:
I know, but living in Taiwan its a little harder to get the parts, and so far fedex is costing me a fortune for all the parts that I have got sent over.

Hopefully on my next trip back I can bring back a new exhaust with me.

Jim

btw the dealer over here is installing 45 exhaust on 35, he said its suppose to be better anyone heard anything about this?
Ah, ok; forgot where you were at.

Haven't heard of the exhaust swap being done here; most people just go aftermarket. Interesting idea, though; the '45 exhaust does supposedly have different internals, which very well could be less restrictive than the '35 exhaust, being that it if for the V8. I doubt that it would make that much difference, though. The '45 also has a different mid-pipe resonator. To replace both, would cost $500 ($280 just for muffler). If one were to go to the trouble, you may as well go aftermarket and picl up a Borla true dual or Nismo for $2-300 more.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Yeah, I agree with you so I will still go with aftermarket when one with a proper fit comes out.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Yeah, I agree with you so I will still go with aftermarket when one with a proper fit comes out.
I wouldn't count on that being anytime soon. The current exhausts for the Z or G are easy to make fit; any muffler shop can do it.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was talking with a rep from Stillen and from what I hear theirs is comming out soon.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:D Stillen and "soon" are very contradictory terms. We've been hearing that for quite a while regarding a strut tower brace.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
:D Stillen and "soon" are very contradictory terms. We've been hearing that for quite a while regarding a strut tower brace.
I see a strut tower brace for the '35s (and I assume the '45s) in a Stillen printed catalog I got from the TO Infiniti meet; it's even got a part number. I'd assume that means it's ready, no?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
39 Posts
*AHEM*

.... getting a little off topic are we? :wink:

Anyway,
to comment on the BOSE system
It is THE best stock sound system i have ever heard in a vehicle. Not to mention one of the best I have heard period.

I've been thinking... maybe with different music styles the system is better/worse?

Maybe some of you could comment on what type of music you (usually) having going through your bose system and if you like what you hear or not.

I listen to hard rock (anything from Dream Theater to Thursday) - and everything always sounds perfect. i never listen to the radio, only cds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts