Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be so shallow, but I have to ask...

Any suggestions for under-the-hood possibilities? Yes, that's right, I'll admit it - I want completely superficial eye-candy, non-performance-enhancing upgrades.

I know there are cap replacements from NISMO but I was curious as to what else there might be.

As an example, has anyone ever seen an engine cover replacement with a little more BLING? SS/Aluminum/CF? Braided lines? Anything else?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
At least you are honest...I did the STB,Nismo oil and radiator caps...oil is very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing how the 350Z "half" engine cover would look with the new plenum. :) Also a silver Nismo grounding kit (may or may not be performance-enhancing though...but that's another topic).

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Get the G35 coupe engine cover. It looks bad ass. Silver, Red and black!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
FXECUTIVE said:
It'll cover the Crawford plenum dude. The 350Z cover is only a half-cover so the plenum is exposed (which I want).

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Geo,

Dont cover the plunum Man :(

How can you show it off it is covered. You cant.
Isnt that way you paid a couple extra bucks for powercoated.

I am thinking red grounding wires to go with mine 8)

It is like a good rack, show them if you got them. :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Only you could have said that and gotten away with itBLING BLING

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:wink:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Geo, speaking about a Great Rack, cover on left is reg. '03/'04, lower right is G coupe, '05 FX is same w/o red V6.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Guys/Gals,

The 350Z engine cover is a half, not full engine cover like we have in the FXs and Gs. :p The plenum is clearly exposed in the 350Z engine bay (see pic). It will not cover up the Crawford plenum! I just want it there to cover up all the hoses and junk in the front. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
With the 350 Z cover you will have a Nissan Logo indentation vs. a NITI Logo. With a little Carving creativity of your own stock cover you can achieve equal or even better results. If you follow my train of thought you'll see where you can go with this in these pics. above and here & save some $$$ too.
Geo, does that make any sense to you?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
This one is on ebay for $74.95

:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I got the strut tower bar, but I just painted my engine conver to make it a look a little different.

Jim

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FXECUTIVE said:
That looks interesting! And only $85 from Infiniti of Scottsdale too! Bolt pattern should be the same, no?

C'mon guys and gals, keep the ideas coming! BLING BLING!! 8)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm not sure if any of you guys/gals seen my engine bay pic, so I'll post it here again. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
infx35 said:
I'm not sure if any of you guys/gals seen my engine bay pic, so I'll post it here again. :D
Sweet!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hope this is BLING enough for ya!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Here are my thoughts/comments. First, just so no one is confused, we all know what the all black stock cover looks like, right? The G35 cover is the one with the silver insert and red lettering; it comes that way stock (at least on the Coupe). The one with the black insert and silver surround and of course the all silver one are custom jobs our members did. And, of course the 350Z cover is the half cover with the nissan logo.

The goal here is to have a cover for the front part of the engine (aesthetic purposes only) and leave the v5 Crawford plenum exposed. In oder to do this with either the stock cover OR the Z cover, the cover must be trimmed to conform to the front contour of the plenum (I'll rty to hunt up a pic on My350Z.com later).

Now, aesthetically, the Z cover works better b/c of it's smooth design. The stock cover, with it's patterned center looks very asymetrical when trimmed to fit the Crawford (people have done it, I've seen it; don't like it). Piniti is, however, correct in that the Z cover's nissan logo is indented in the cover itself. This would make it difficult to replace it with the Infiniti logo from the stock cover (you'd have to fill the indentation, smooth it, and paint the cover). For the price, that CF cover on Ebay looks very good and it's smooth, so taking the emblem off the stock cover and putting it on that one would be simple. Never worked with CF before, so I don't know how easy it would be to trim it, but it shouldn't really be a problem. Just depends on whether or not you want the CF look under the hood; I think it'd go with that plenum pretty well, myself. My vote is for the CF cover. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I like the stock Z cover better myself. The CF cover clashes too much with the existing black plastic in the engine bay way too much for my tastes. Never was a big fan of the "braided" texture of CF personally. Don't mind the Nissan emblem either...:)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
MGFR, I totally agree with you and think the CF would be great with matching Plenun, but as for now no one has plenums in stock for sale, so had to do something to spruce up the engine compartment.

Jim

1 - 20 of 63 Posts