Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
IMO I love the black rims on a black FX. Considered doing it myself, but have never been able to pull the trigger. I might be in the minority on this one.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I think the black wheels makes the whole car look too dark.

I always notice chromes on other cars, I never notice them if they have dark rims.

I want chromies really bad, I just cant afford them right now. But one day mine will have chromes.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Chromies bring out ALL the Chrome appointments of the FX. 8) Chrome & Black, as in Your first pictures ^ up top ^ are Also Very Attractive. :D All Black (with Black Grille, handles & rails even) doesn't seem to Look as Classy. :?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
JayDub said:
I like the black with the chrome lip look...but not those rims.
Here's a Nice Black/Chrome combo
I Still Like CHROMIES 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PINITI-FX said:
JayDub said:
I like the black with the chrome lip look...but not those rims.
Here's a Nice Black/Chrome combo
I Still Like CHROMIES 8)

who's black FX is this? whats his name on this site? i think those are 23's and i would love details...thanks!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FX23 - He doesn't seem to come around much! ...did a S/C in Sept. also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
All of those rims are just Ghetto FAB!!! Seriously though, unless you want to look like 50 cent or Nelly, I would just stick to the stock rims, chrome on a black FX, that would look hot

·
Registered
779 Posts
I don't like black rims on any car, any color. Makes the wheels disappear.
I agree. It makes the wheels look dirty and hides low profile tires, which in my opinion can change the image of the car drastically.

·
Registered
329 Posts
blacken oem wheels

is there a way to blacken the factory wheels i know u can chrome them through dealer

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Oh, thanks for the collection of pix. Here's my thoughts for the black FX.

-With OEM silver roof rails= Chrome wheels
-With OEM black roof rails= Black wheels with Chrome lips.
-No roof rails = Looks fine with all combinations including OEM's.
* I don't like the ALL BLACK wheels, looks like it's pulling me into a black hole.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Re: blacken oem wheels

InfinitiNbeyonD said:
is there a way to blacken the factory wheels i know u can chrome them through dealer
Where there is a will, there is a way. 8) Look few pictures up and you'll see the stock 20's blackened.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Re: blacken oem wheels

IssaFX said:
8) Look few pictures up and you'll see the stock 20's blackened.
Or Here > EWWwwwww :shock:
U G L Y :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I think black looks great on Zs and it looks sweet on those rims above. I do like the black with chrome lips better.

Go with whatever you like. Personally, I think you can't beat the chrome OEMS though. But I like most of the rims i have seen on this site.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts