Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2009 FX50S in black. Being the new FX's have a special clear-coat paint that 'self-heals', what is the best way to wash and wax it?

I wonder if a combo wash-wax product would work better, so to avoid any buffing work that might cause swirl-marks?

In addition, if anyone can suggest what type of products would work best?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
washing is the easy part. just use linear motions and try not to go in circles.

im not sure about waxing or putting zaino on top of this self healing clear coat. i would expect it to work just fine with zaino on it, and i did read on g35driver.com somewhere that someone wrote sal zaino about this self healing paint and he replied that it was ok to use zaino.

im also assuming that running a clay bar is fine as well.

i would research and see if you can find out first though

·
Registered
640 Posts
I read a few guys on the site dry their cars off with a leaf blower. That will keep you from rubbing the paint without the lubrication of soap. I have a black 2006 without the self healing paint and it's not easy to find the right combination of methods.

Eventually you'll want to wax. I would go for a polymer based wax rather one one with grit. I use Meguiars NXT and not only does it make the car look new ,it smells great and a little goes a long way.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I don't understand the concern that buffing will cause swirl marks in the self-healing paint. :?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
codeggs said:
. . . . . I use Meguiars NXT and not only does it make the car look new ,it smells great and a little goes a long way.

Good Luck.

Spend a lot of time sniffing your car, eh??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought an FX50S as well. Black on Black.

So is it okay to use Zaino on this self healing clear coat that everyone was worried about?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ive zaino'd mine. it will work just fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wash and seal the self healing paint just like normal. The only issue is if you try to do correction with hte paint. It gums up if you use a rotary. For this paint, using a PC is the better choice and even that stay away from speed 6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts