Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've seen a few StopTech kits on sale. Is it just me or the callipers look like rebadged Brembo items? The floating disc/bell assembly also looks identical :?:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a set of Stoptech brakes on my GT-R.

Had them on there for a little while.

Took them off... their rotors were prone to uneven pad deposits (what is commonly referred to as rotors "warping"). Had to constantly rebed the pads. Once I used Brembo rotors that problem went away.

The "ST40" caliper kit is about 7 pounds a corner heavier than the equivelant Brembo kit in a bigger size (332 ST40 kit vs. 355 F50 kit). Their kit parts are made in Taiwan from what I understand- all the major castings are done there. So the caliper castings, and the rotors are sourced from there.

They make a good kit for the money. I wish they had a better way around their lousy rotor material though.

I think Rotora may also make some equivalent product to the Stoptech although Stoptech is better marketed. Maybe someone should enquire.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was looking at the site, and was wonderin why is it that only the front is avaliable as an upgrade, wouldnt it be better matched to change both the front and rear brakes.
jim

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
jimsbmw said:
wouldnt it be better matched to change both the front and rear brakes.
jim
Rear disc brakes are pretty much an "Ah, why not?" option; they don't really do that much. That being said, the rear discs we have are probably overkill anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I see, I just thought it would also look better with in the front and rear to have matching set. I think I will wait for more options to come out, and maybe the price might be better too.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Powerslot rotors will have rotors available for the FX by the end of the third quarter,this plus better pads should give a significant increase in stopping power at a minimal investment...not as pretty as the big stuff ,but very effective

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Thats even better and cheaper too. As long as it can take out some of the brake noise that I am having a problem right now with I will be happy.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts