Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get the BFGOODRICH T/AKDW-2 265-50-20 Best price so
far was $218 ea x4 =$872 + $56 shipping Total is $928.00
This is from Tirerack...that shipping adds $14 per tire. Has anyone seen or have purchased these for less?? Please let me know thanks.
Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can get the T/A KDW NT in a 285/55R-20 from Discount Tire Direct for $224 per tire with free shipping. That makes the grand total $896 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
magician said:
BFGOODRICH T/AKDW-2 265-50-20
Those are the ones the BFG rep over in FA was saying were to come out this year, right? As I'm due for new tires within 5-6K miles or so it appears, I'd love to know what you think of 'em when you get 'em.

While tire life is a small concern, I need to know what handling is like compared to the stock Eagles. Obviously snow isn't a problem here, and since I can handle inclement weather and now have AWD, unless they're like slicks I'm not concerned about wet-weather traction either for the rains we get in for (what passes for) Wintertime here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
This it the $900 and change question

I haven't gotten an answer as to how good the KDW 2s are from either here of FA. Luke from Tire Rack didn't comment. They seem like the only high performance summer street tire available for our 20s. The Toyo Proxes are probably better than the Goodyear GSAs but both are all season.

I'm 2 weeks away from a lapping day at the track and would love to go with some new skins but I don't want to drop that kind of money blindly,

Sounds like Michelin has no intention of making Pilot Sports in our size or I'd wait.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I've noticed noone would chime in on this topic for some reason also but here you go. I purchased the BFGs about 4 weeks ago and all I can say is they are amazing. The main thing I was concernced about was quality of ride. I have the 45 and the jarring ride was beginning to wear on me. Well the BFGs smoothed it right out. They have such a soft tread compound that the ride is 15X better. Next, handeling is marginally improved. Honestly I didnt notice too much of a difference. Our FXs already handle so well and theres not much sidewall there anyways to make much of a difference. The weird thing is I can get these tires to squak much easier than the RSAs, they never lose traction but will make noise if you floor the car in a turn, maybe becasue of the softer tread? Rain traction is superb, I have yet to hydroplane and I already have been through 3 or so severe storms. Noise is audible from the speeds of 40-50. Its just a slight humming, not annoying at all, and well worth the advantages these tires give you. Well if you have any more questions let me know!

Andy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Andy said:
Well I've noticed noone would chime in on this topic for some reason also but here you go. I purchased the BFGs about 4 weeks ago and all I can say is they are amazing. The main thing I was concernced about was quality of ride. I have the 45 and the jarring ride was beginning to wear on me. Well the BFGs smoothed it right out. They have such a soft tread compound that the ride is 15X better. Next, handeling is marginally improved. Honestly I didnt notice too much of a difference. Our FXs already handle so well and theres not much sidewall there anyways to make much of a difference. The weird thing is I can get these tires to squak much easier than the RSAs, they never lose traction but will make noise if you floor the car in a turn, maybe becasue of the softer tread? Rain traction is superb, I have yet to hydroplane and I already have been through 3 or so severe storms. Noise is audible from the speeds of 40-50. Its just a slight humming, not annoying at all, and well worth the advantages these tires give you. Well if you have any more questions let me know!

Andy
How's the noise between the goodyears and BFG's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Goodyear GSA tires on my FX35 with 15K on them. The treads seem to be half way worn. Anyone out there have an estamite as to the tire life one can expect? Would I get better over all life with a BFGoodrich or Toyo Proxes? :?:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love those BF goodrich tires...have had them for a while now...and what a difference...because of the softer compound they handle like your on rails and stick to the ground...you can't go wrong..yes they're expensive but if you figure all these tires will be in or around the same price range...
What pressure you running on your Bf tires??
Phil

·
Registered
18 Posts
valentyn said:
I have Goodyear GSA tires on my FX35 with 15K on them. The treads seem to be half way worn. Anyone out there have an estamite as to the tire life one can expect? Would I get better over all life with a BFGoodrich or Toyo Proxes? :?:
I have about 24K on my Goodyears and they are pretty much had it as far as tire life. I'm very close to the tread indicator being even with the existing tread. I went through a rainstorm last night and I lost it a couple of times because of hydro-planing :shock: .

I'm trying to hold off until the spring to purchase the BFGoodrich, but may not survive a rainy fall :lol: I do have Blizzaks for the winter so i'll probably wait.

I read somewhere on FA that a very soft summer tire like the BF's may plastisize at cool temperatures below 45. My concern being in NY that even though it may be april it could get way below 45 and i'l be riding on slippery rubber. maybe over reacting?

·
Registered
51 Posts
mm25fx35 said:
I read somewhere on FA that a very soft summer tire like the BF's may plastisize at cool temperatures below 45. My concern being in NY that even though it may be april it could get way below 45 and i'l be riding on slippery rubber. maybe over reacting?
You're overreacting :wink: Summer/performance tires generally start to stiffen under 10 degrees C, but it's no problem if you warm them up and take it easy on a cold morning.

·
Registered
848 Posts
mm25fx35 said:
I have about 24K on my Goodyears and they are pretty much had it as far as tire life. I'm very close to the tread indicator being even with the existing tread. I went through a rainstorm last night and I lost it a couple of times because of hydro-planing :shock: .
I'm at only 19k now, and had a serious scare in the rain a few weeks ago. I've also felt it loosen up in the puddles over the last few days. When I had more tread, I was very happy with the rain handling, but at this point I'm taking it much easier when it's wet out. My treadbars look like I've got a few thousand miles to go, so I'm hoping to make it through the winter before replacing the tires. :? FWIW, my Grand Prix has the same kind of Goodyears, and those lasted ~30k miles, and also got scary in the rain during the last 5k or so.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
mm25fx35 said:
I have about 24K on my Goodyears and they are pretty much had it as far as tire life. I'm very close to the tread indicator being even with the existing tread.
I'm at only 19k now, and had a serious scare in the rain a few weeks ago.
Yeah, I'm at 24K, and have had my back end try and leave me on dry conditions. I was going to order new tires this week, but I have a "friend of a friend" who can get me a deal on BFGs, but they don't know when (or if!) I'll be able to, but since I might be able to save some serious $$ (and no, they didn't fall off the back of a truck :)), I'm trying to keep it down 'till I know for sure or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts