Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the 100 degree + temperature of L.A. can create **** for our intake systems. I've noticed that various companys are running "cool" air systems that draw air from inside the engine compartment as opposed to the Factory system that actually only draws from the outside air. It seems that running the factory intake would provide the most hp as it is drawing cooler air and not the heated engine compartment air.

Are there any kits that are routed for EXTERNAL air induction only?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
see the thread just below this : JWT Pop Charger and Z -tube WITHOUT using accordian piece - by Sincity (btw, you already sound smarter than some co's) WELCOME!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Actually I think the Stillen is more what you are looking for due to the air-box which is similar to stock and uses the direct air duct.
I myself and other members has this air intake with the Z-tube.
Do a search and you should find all the answers to your questions. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I've read and it seems that there are always modifications, you'd think someone woud make a "direct fit application" Z tube still needs to be modified?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You extend by using the accordian piece.

But otherwise, no modification on the actual z-tube itself.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
You extend by using the accordion piece.

But otherwise, no modification on the actual z-tube itself.
As Sweets said. You can either extend the Z-tube by cutting and attaching the accordion piece from your stock tube or use the accordion piece from a G35 owner who has upgraded their intake and has no longer use for it.

I ended up cutting mine before I received the accordion piece from a G35 owner...couldn't wait any longer! :D
Ended selling it to another member.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts