Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thining about changing my headlight and foglight bulbs, and I'm just wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to go.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the best way to go is with esemes next group buy on 10K HIDs :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, any idea when that'll be? And will living in canada cause any problems?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
im not sure if/when esemes is doing another 10 HID buy. you should PM him for any details.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My set up is going to be 10K HID and Polarg 9006 Pure Yellow fogs. That way in fog and snow I got myself covered in terms of visibility.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like everyone is saying that the factory bulbs are actually brighter than any of the aftermarket lights available, but has anyone found ones that are actually brighter? And which foglight bulbs match the factory lights the best?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Loud_FX said:
It looks like everyone is saying that the factory bulbs are actually brighter than any of the aftermarket lights available, but has anyone found ones that are actually brighter? And which foglight bulbs match the factory lights the best?
I stopped by at carboutique yesterday and they said new PIAA's 6600 HID's coming out. It would cost about $400.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Loud_FX said:
That's my understanding... the pros on the 10k's appear to be looks and they sure accomplish that... the cons seem to be that the actual light output is less than factory, the factory bulbs are less tiring on the eyes since they are daylight colored (the bluish color can be tiring on the eyes), the bluish coloration causes more glare for other drivers on the road. This put me off on converting... I'd say to each his own, but I do get concerned when I am making mods that might end up causing problems for others or actually end up reducing my ability to see things clearly on a dark road.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
grmensz said:
Loud_FX said:
That's my understanding... the pros on the 10k's appear to be looks and they sure accomplish that... the cons seem to be that the actual light output is less than factory, the factory bulbs are less tiring on the eyes since they are daylight colored (the bluish color can be tiring on the eyes), the bluish coloration causes more glare for other drivers on the road. This put me off on converting... I'd say to each his own, but I do get concerned when I am making mods that might end up causing problems for others or actually end up reducing my ability to see things clearly on a dark road.
same here... I was thinking of buying the bulbs when #3 GB goes on...
but few days ago... I had a mustang driving behind me with 10k hid and it wasn't pleasant to look at for long time...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to stay with the factory bulbs too, at least until there are others available that actually improve the lighting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts