Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just severely damaged my rails underneath one of four wheels I was replacing. I didn't use the jack that came with the vehicle but instead used a Dynalast 2.5-ton hydraulic jack. I made sure to position the jack in between the two jack points. While I was jacking it up, I noticed a loud noise, so I stopped. The rail was bent, as though it wasn't strong enough to take the weight. Has anyone heard of this? Is it ok to use jacks other than the very basic one that comes with the vehicle? It's a 2015 QX70.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
What do you mean by "in between the two jack points". And by "rails" do you mean the sill under the doors? Got a picture? As long as you jack it up at the jack point there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by "in between the two jack points". And by "rails" do you mean the sill under the doors? Got a picture? As long as you jack it up at the jack point there shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I just attached photos of my car lifted at the dealership. Apparently this is not unknown when using anything other than the jack that came with the vehicle. This sucks. They refuse to cover it under warranty, too. I was careful to place my Duralast 2.5-ton SUV jack exactly where the user manual says to put it.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
So I guess it's not really the position but the shape of whatever you're using to lift that really matters. Just curious but what is the dealerships lift lifting against. It's not that folded metal that your jack damaged is it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, and they have equipment that lifts the car in several places at once, distributing the load evenly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts