Infiniti FX Forum banner

Before and After

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  PINITI 
#1 ·
this is my old car (sold) 02 acura RSX-S .. and my new FX 35 atlast my wheels arrived .. Dvinci Blade 2 22*9.5 with hankok ventus wheels 265/35/22 ... looks really nice .. the only regret is i wish i got my tires a little bigger ... from the back they really look tiny .. hopefuly in another 10k miles or so .. sorry pictures are not all that ..

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
PINITI-FX said:
Either that's a bad angle or it looks like you have a bigger wheel well gap than a stock FX :shock:

no acctually its not as bad as it looks .. i was going 2 go for some springs .. but on the long run it will ruin the car .. so im just going to leave it as is . also because i have the sport package i should also have the sport tuned suspension if i am not mistaken .. so maybe the picture is not as good ..

#13 ·
nice car(s). it looks like you had the RSX lowered? planning on lowering the FX? (i see you made a note that lowering wouldnt be "good" in the long run.....please explain)

#15 ·
CAR54 said:
doesn't cause the control arms to not be parallel to the ground, it should be OK. Eibachs only lower about 1.5".
exactly what i mean .. all SPRINGS lower the car resulting in the control arms to become slanted down insted of being parallel this can cause alot of strain on them and in the long run can start making a noise and maybe something more serious especially if the aftermarket wheel weights alot more than the stock . except if u have a forged wheel which is great for u .. i had this problem on my ACURA.. i had it on my BMW x5 4.4,

#16 ·
KSA FX said:
i dont see much of a diffrence .. correct me if im wrong .. and u have 20/50/265 tires and i have 22/35/265 (more of a gap) because of the smaller profile
Correct. But your tires are roughly an inch shorter than stock. That's why there's more gap between tire and fender.

Matthew

#19 ·
Thats exactly what i ordered for my 22's and I'm lowered. I think that will fill the gap perfectly. The other person who was saying that your gap is bigger only has 20's on his car not 22's BTW, unless there is a stock rim in 22 i don't know about.. I would forget about all that mumbo jumbo about control arms. You obviously like for the car to LOOK different or you wouldn't have put the money into the rims. Go low bro, it will look MUCH better... Just my .02 but why go that far without finishing the job. 20mm spacers too..

#20 ·
KSA FX said:
[quote="PINITI-FX":3ezyt4ka]Either that's a bad angle or it looks like you have a bigger wheel well gap than a stock FX :shock:

no acctually its not as bad as it looks .. i was going 2 go for some springs .. but on the long run it will ruin the car .. so im just going to leave it as is . also because i have the sport package i should also have the sport tuned suspension if i am not mistaken .. so maybe the picture is not as good ..[/quote:3ezyt4ka]Wow KSA, I had no idea my FX looked so ugly back then in that ooold photo you dug up :oops: must have been the rails! :lol: Here's what Lowering can do for Your Gap too.
Do the 20% tints too. 8)

#26 ·
CAR54 said:
PINITI, what's up with that little red farm shed in all your pics? Any wacky shenanigans involving chains and rubber ball muzzles? Does it have anything to do with all the missing Amish boys? Inquiring minds would like to know :p
Nah, just a decoy, it's really a great cover-up for a stairwell that leads to .............well then it wouldn't be a secret anymore. :wink: Of course you could always ask brnjug or bradical, they might tell :roll: looks like its got particle's interest too. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.