Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a short test drive of the new M45, called Nissan Fuga here in Japan. I'll be picking up the actual test car next wed for the real test drive but had a short 10 min drive in the 350GT Sports Package. This car is simply stunning. Its so well put together and well though out I really can't fault anything, which doesn't happen often with me.

The main points that really stood out for me were:

-superb and comfortable driving position
-comfortable ride but at the same time very sports oriented
-ride amazingly composed for 19" wheels, could fit 21s no prob
-cool headlights that turn when you turn
-incredibly powerful and clear Bose 14 speaker system
-superb navigation and tv interface/layout
-lots of space front and rear, plus high-quality of materials/build quality

Here in Japan the 450 model powered by the 340 HP V8 will be out early next year, probably Feb.

I'll post some pictures up after my test next week

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does anyone know whether or not the new M45 has the same engine (more or less) as the FX45? If so and if the M45 sells as well as I think that it will, then it's only a matter of time before we get more mods for the FX! At least that's my hope anyway!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yes, same engine. It will be offered in '35 and '45 forms, though, so there might be the same sales/mods probs as the FX with many more '35s being sold and easily modded.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys...

A little off topic here... but whats the real difference between the fx35 and fx35 AWD. I know about the technicalities, but i want to know what you guys think. Which is a more enjoyable ride? Will the 2wd handle ok in snow? Is it worth the extra 2K?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
RWD is lighter by 230 lbs, quicker, handles better and more fun to drive. HOWEVER, if you're going to be in snow alot of time, the AWD would most likely be worth it. Not to say the RWD will be terrible in snow, but you'd have to treat it like a RWD sedan. AWD gives you the traction and pull power to get throw the slick and slush, but if it's main;y control issues you're worried about, the VDC does a great job. I remember a link to a japanese G35 site posted on FA that showed a comparison of the G35c doing an emergency evasion manuver at speed in snow with VDC on and off; pretty amazing. Really, it depends on where your priorities lie with this vehicle. If you want the most sport, the RWD is the one, but if you want the extra peace of mind, AWD is the way to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
man i didnt think making the decision would be this tough.. hahahah
ill be living in pittsburgh so there is quite a bit of snow(4months i think).. but i want performance too.. DAMNIT!!!
ok.. the traction is available on the 2wd right? so that wont be so bad?.... or????

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yes, RWD still has VDC. Don't get me wrong, the AWD still has plentu of performance and you can still mod; it's just about .5 sec slower 0-60 and doesn't handle quite like the RWD due to the extra weight. My advice would be go drive a RWD and AWD back to back at the dealer and see for yourself.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well this thread has been affectivly jacked, it was interesting to say the least! Let's try and get back on topic please.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure the Fuga has been on sale here in Japan for a few weeks. You can check out the prices here on the Japanese Nissan website:

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/FUGA/Y50/0410/ ... ain1n.html

The prices in bold are the prices with tax, however there are still a few more taxes to be added to the price once you purchase the car. To get a up to the minute accurate currency conversion try this website:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

AWD drive is offered on the Fuga but like in teh FX and G it's a pretty heavy addition to the driveline. Unless you live in cold climate with a good amount of snow during the winter then the AWD is unnecessary. Most of the electronic features of the car will keep you safe in snow even on RWD cars...plus this car is fitted with rear wheel steering which is computer controlled to balance the car through corners. So if that tail does slide wide it wont be too hard to control.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Rear wheel steering? Do US cars get that? I hadn't heard anything about it here.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yes. We'll get it here in the US. The feature is called Infiniti's "Rear Active Control System." It's a real-time, motor-driven rear-wheel control computer which adjusts the rear suspension geometry based on steering inputs and vehicle speed. Btw, for the "Exclusives" section of latest M45 info, the pw=imagine.

Here's a link to the 2005 Infiniti M45 information:

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,3323, ... MDLM45Home

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That's a bit different than 4 wheel steering. That's like BMW's active stabilization feature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts