Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has been having some decent front driver side wheel problems. A couple months ago I could feel the vibrations in the steering wheel and after jacking up the front and being able to wiggle the tire by hand, I replaced the whole wheel hub assembly. To my dismay after a long road trip, that dreaded vibration was back. Jacked up the car, same side. Luckily the part was still under warranty so I got a free replacement (next time I will be getting a better brand but for now free works) and proceeded to replace it. Though the one I was removing was only in for a few months, it seemed to be stuck really well. Beat it, heated it, sprayed it with rust dis-solvers, broke a flat head, used a chisel, took out a lug nut, using a random screw and bolt, tried using the tension from ratcheting a bolt through the lug nut hole with a nut on the inside, pressing it against any thing that wasn't the hub. dented my dust shield. finally I found an old rotor and bolted it on backwards and beat that with a mallet (more surface area), that worked. Replaced the bearing, installed back the ABS, rotor, caliper axial bolts, (new) pins and rubbers (lubed), put on the same brake pads (new hardware) Every time I do my breaks I have a hard time putting on the rear pad, usually replace hardware, and last time had to get new rotors because it seemed like they were beveled. grinding down unevenly finally wheels on and test drive.. seems like the vibrating gone but hard to tell because there is now an awful squeaking, maybe the hardware is rubbing the rotors, and then when I stopped I could hear the rotors grinding. Last time I did my breaks, there was a similar squeaking for the first few days after break job. Could that be normal? Could my caliper be bent causing pads to not sit right? Or some bigger problem which may be why I had to replace the same bearing so soon.

Please and thank you for advice and knowledge

1 - 1 of 1 Posts