Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
davidnoah said:
No update really... my bushing has leaked but is not deteriorated at all. I am waiting to hear back from the mfg to see if they have fit it on an FX before I change them. I have decided to wait as I don't want to have to rely on "plan B" if they rip out my bushing and the new one does not fit as plan b would be to replace the entire subfram for big bucks.

I will check with the mfg and see if they have had sucess and will get back to the group...
David...did you ever have chance to check with the mfg to see if they had success with this? Not sure if you ever had your replaced, but I still am riding on the bad bushing and am starting to get annoyed of the feeling of bottoming out when give I leave from a stop position. Was wondering if there is another option other then replacing the subframe unit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think both the aluminum bushing kit and the polyurethane one will work... my bushing is still in-tack just missing the fluid... I will eventually change it... but don't even notice it yet... never officially heard back on the it from either manufacturer... you might try calling the mfgs directly as they would know more about it... good luck... and both mfg may give you a substantail discount on the part if you are their ginepig...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I just stumbled on the following possible solution/product that may do the job. Although it is designed to be used after the bushing is taken off I think it could work if the center peice of your bushing was still in the center and you taped both sides of the bushing well and filled the bushing from the top (I would use a turkey baister). Once full you would need to seal off the filling hole and let it set or dry for a good 2+ days... This is the route I may go when i get some free time - worst case senario would be that if it failed I would be no worse off than I am now...

Here is the link to the product...

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/pr ... rod=DIYMMI

let me know if this is a bad idea...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
138 Posts
For those of you who had this bushing fail/leak, what symtoms did you notice? Did this cause premature wear on the inside shoulder of your tires? I'm trying to figure out what the possible problem I'm having with my last two sets of tires. It didn't happen before, even with the H&R springs put on to lower, so it's got to be something else in the suspension that is worn out possibly.

Any thanks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Add another to the list. My 03 has 55K miles on it and the bushing started leaking about 2 weeks ago. OH and BTW, the last 5 digits of my vin are 00233 so my car is a EARLY 2003.

Native, the only symptoms I had was seeing fluid leaking from the rear diff area. it was almost black in color and very thin, almost water like but slippery. It drips down on the cross member and, in my case, on to my exhaust too. Other than that, no noticeable changes.
And at $1500 to fix it, I think I will wait until something else goes wrong as unemployment checks will not cover that.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doesn't this bushing compress a lot while lifting the entire rear of the vehicle via the rear differential? I wonder how this effects the bushing over time?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey... I just stumbled on the following which says that it will work...

They sell the replacement bushing for $80 and rent the tool for $60 (you pay $120 for the tool and get $60 back when you return it)...

It looks like it would work!

www.nissansolutions.com

Has anyone tried this yet?

This seems to be the BEST solution out there!

·
Registered
18 Posts
davidnoah said:
Hey... I just stumbled on the following which says that it will work...

They sell the replacement bushing for $80 and rent the tool for $60 (you pay $120 for the tool and get $60 back when you return it)...

It looks like it would work!

http://www.nissansolutions.com

Has anyone tried this yet?

This seems to be the BEST solution out there!
Nice find Noah. Like you, I have not had any bad symptoms so have not done anything. I will likely try this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I had my local Nissan/Infiniti shop, Precision Z in Canoga Park, CA. install the Energy Suspension kit today... total was $315 for parts and labor... I had a my front and rear differentials and the transfer case fluid changed too... car seems to drive, shift, and handle a little better... relieved to finally have it all done...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just learned that my rear subframe (also called a cross-member) has completely rusted and detached on my 2005 FX35 (104k miles). Has anyone had experience/price range having this replaced? Looks like the stand-alone part itself runs around $300 on various websites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have since had my other mechanic look at it and have also talked to the infiniti dealer again - who now has lowered their price to $1650 after i pushed them a little.

They both suggested that I wait until I notice that the bushing is bad... problem delayed...
my mechanic will replace the bushing for less than $100 in NYC just have to buy a rubber bushing that fits in that hole

41 - 53 of 53 Posts