Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a FX35 2013 and I am facing a problem with the Trunk as it won't close and lock properly. It will lock only if I removed the door fuse from the fuse box and put it back again. An electrician advised that the trunk button next to steering should be replaced and I replaced it but the problem came back again.

Any idea on the solution ?

· Premium Member
10,511 Posts
Could be the actuator... A common door problem on the 1st Gen but didn't seem to affect the hatch as often... Wonder if it's a simple lube problem or if something is stuck in the door when you close it so the lock doesn't line up... And finally, it could be the lock thingy (looks like a recessed loop when you open your trunk) could be slightly misaligned... That happened to one member a while ago... Re-aligned it and never heard back from him so I assume the fix worked... To rule out the actuator, listen very closely to the hatch when you lock and unlock your car... If you hear the click noise from your hatch, it's not the actuator, and would be something else...

Since your FX is a 2013, isn't it still under warranty?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks DatMan

Not under warranty anymore, I also think its a small problem since all works fine once the error code is cleared by portable computer or the fuse is removed and replaced back again . But after 1 or 2 days max again the problem will be back.

· Premium Member
10,511 Posts
Weird... Have you asked what the error code is and what it means?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts