Infiniti FX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, If you want the whole story, read below!!

So, it all started when I went over my cell phone minutes by 104 minutes. This gave me a $95 cell phone bill!!! Well, I can't have that, so I start looking around on Cincinnati Bells website because they've been advertising about a "You add, and We subtract" which means that if you add "packages" they'll give you deals on the services.

I found a package that had everything I wanted. 100 minutes of long distance on my home phone, 300 anytime minutes + 50 nationwide, and my internet connection (with static IP). I went over with this lady 10 times that NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING would change except I would end up getting more cell phone minutes.

Again, this was Thursday afternoon, and I was leaving for the Dragon (http://www.tailofthedragon.com) as soon as I got off work. So, I get home from work, and try to check my email. Hrm.. The server's not connected. I goof around with it a few minutes, and then even tried rebooting both the router and server. No dice! Everything else seemed to be working but it wouldn't get out to the internet. Since I was in a HURRY, I had to go and leave it dead :(

I was out of town from Thursday afternoon until around 6:30pm on Monday. While I was gone I went from thinking a Network card had died to "they changed my IP". Well it turns out they switched my connection to a Dynamic IP. By the time I called them on Monday, "billing" was closed and the tech department wouldn't do anything until billing was fixed, so I had to wait until TUESDAY.

So Tuesday Morning I called and started bitching. Waited and waited and waited. They said it would be fixed by 5pm Tuesday. I called at 4:30pm Yesterday and they said "It's fixed"

me: "um, no it's not"
him: "Well, what's you IP supposed to be"
me: "216.196.245.110"
him: "well that's the problem it's this IP"
me: "Ahh, well that won't work"
him: "Well they may of given that IP to someone else"
me: "I need that IP back. I have too many things pointing to that IP, including my VPN access at work"
me: "Ok, lets do this... Let me speak to your boss"
--pause--
boss: "Hello?"
me: "Yes?"
boss: "Is this Dallace"
me: "Yep"
boss: "Ok, we are going to get your IP back, but that group isnt' hear now"
me: "Big surprise"
boss: "Thing is though, they answer emails even at home, I'm not sure why because they don't have to, but they do"
me: "So, it's a waiting game again/still"
boss: "I'm afraid so, but I can call you back as soon as they reply... How late can I call you
me: "10pm"
--fast forward to 9:50pm--
me: "Is there any update on my problem?"
tech: "Nope, and since it's so late I guess it's not gonna happen tonight"
me: "Ahh, another surprise"
--fast forward until 6:30am today ---

I switched my IP stuff back to my REAL IP so in case they fixed it today it would work, and when I did, everything came back online. So apparently sometime after 10pm last night they got my IP back.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ah, yes; that's what I refer to as the frudtration of having to deal with O.P.S. (other people's sh!t). It's times like this that make you make you curse advancements in medical science and wish for unimpeded natural selection to cull out the obvious overpopulation of idiots in the world. :wink:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm just (so very) glad its back up! :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Same here, glad its all ok and back up running.

Jim

·
Registered
185 Posts
Must, you are one funny sob :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad its back :!:

·
Registered
19 Posts
glad it's back up again. with two of the forums i'm a part of being down, i thought i was going crazy. glad to see they are both up today.

i couldn't agree with you more Must. laff.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
desualt said:
Must, you are one funny sob :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad its back :!:
:D I'm just glad to have my superpowers back. Felt like I was strapped down with Kryptonite chains and helpless to come to the aid of others for a week! :cry:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Check out http://www.dns2go.com . I use this for my websites in case my isp decides to change my somewhat static ip addy. You can direct multiple sites to your address and a small program will send out a "heartbeat" at a setting you choose to make sure your ip address is associated with your domain(s).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Having to go back there was a painful reminder why I migrated over here in the first place. At first it was fine, then it started to get ugly again.

I never was able to get e-mail notification to work there... what a PITA.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Something like that happened to us when we tried to upgrade our DSL at work. Qwest just cancelled my account. Took a week to get it fixed.

Glad you got it fixed. :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Finally, it's up! This is refreshment after getting cooked by LA sun.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sniff, sniff...I miss'd you guys! sniff.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
topguy said:
This is refreshment after getting cooked by LA sun.
You were out here and didn't contact me?! We coulda done Hooters!

·
Registered
286 Posts
welcome back
alls well that ends well
or is it :roll:
well ends that well alls :twisted:
you got the drift

·
Registered
80 Posts
so glad its back up.....you just dont go back to the other site when you've been here..... :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
kcrudup said:
topguy said:
This is refreshment after getting cooked by LA sun.
You were out here and didn't contact me?! We coulda done Hooters!
Driving a Ford Crown Vic rental without wearing sunglases after removing few directors.... Sorry, wasn't a fun trip :cry: .

I saw a high flying FX going about 100mph on I-405. Was it you?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
topguy said:
I saw a high flying FX going about 100mph on I-405. Was it you?
... unless it was a copper '45 that had the plate you see to the right, it just "Wdn't Me"! :)

So you had to play Grim Reaper last week, eh?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.