Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
There is no on/off switch. When the system detects wheel slippage... voila it's on.

If you're driving in snow, be sure to hit the snow button right above the hood release. It makes a big difference. Remember though, it's a heavy car which means you need to be careful in turns and when braking. A lot of folks here recommend popping it into manual shift and using the gears to brake better in snow.

FYI there is no locking differential that keeps all 4 wheels going all the time. It does it only as needed.

·
Registered
779 Posts
A lot of folks here recommend popping it into manual shift and using the gears to brake better in snow.
I agree. I tried manual shifting to brake with 2 inches of snow and it works like a charm. The only thing you have to remember is that when using that as a braking mechanism people behind you do not know you are braking. You are trying not to hit a car in front of you but ironically the car behind you might hit you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isnt there a light that says AWD? Onyl asking, because yesterday in the snow it did not go on and i was slipping like craaaazy

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Look around and read some of the snow driving threads. It isn't the car or AWD/VDC, it's the tires. You need some goos snow tires for winter. Have you tried the Snow Mode button?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Massachusetts....

....where we got near 3 ft of snow yesterday. I went to drive in the morning.
Gone for several hours. No complaints at all !!!. Car drives awesome in snow.
Bad thing happened to me : after all I left the car in the garage , which now's flooded :D

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Welcome,please stay up there and do not visit here :p

I think they are great in the snow as well...SNOW button?
Other than AWD lock which de activates at a fairly low speed,what is this?

·
Registered
551 Posts
04 has a button called SNOW MODE. ,samers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts