Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I haven't gotten it diagnosed yet, but thought I'd check on here first. I'm getting the AWD, SLIP, ABS, and "VTC Off" lights coming on when i start the car up and then not turning off like they normally do after a second. It doesn't seem to effect the driving or performance, except not being able to engage the cruise control while these lights are on.

They are coming on (and staying on) only if the car has been sitting for a while...basically when the engine is cold. However, when the engine is warm it never does it. It seems to me like an ECU or TCU issue.

Anyone else have this issue? Know what's going on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I plugged in my OBD II reader to try and read any codes the ECU might have been throwing, but none came up. I checked the fluid levels, and the coolant/antifreeze was a little low, but oil level good, and brake fluid level was good. So I filled up the coolant and the 4 lights haven't come back on.

I've owned and worked on at least 5-6 different makes of vehicles from american and import (german and japanese) and I can honestly say i've never seen something like this. I've seen plenty of wild ECU CELs pop up on various cars, but this is just weird...especially when it doesn't happen after filling the coolant. lol well, whatever works....i'll update if anything changes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts