Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to record this before it hit five digits (I think that's the max). My Trip 2 currently shows:

Elapsed Time 2:16:07:12 (this must have rolled over a few times, right?)
Driving Distance: 9193:4
Average Speed: 42.5

Considering that I'm probably 50/50 city/hwy, I figure that bottom number reflects a high level of gravity in the area around my accelerator pedal.

Anyone else got numbers for more than a couple thousand miles?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
wow thats FAST!

my A trip is ALL the miles ive driven (24K) and its about 30.5 MPG ave.

the B trip is the last few thousand miles and is still only about 32.5 ave :shock:

WAY TOO MUCH sittitng in traffic on the beltway and 66 :(

i did measure a 300 mile trip to NJ last year and i averaged over 60 MPH :twisted: needless to say it all ALL highway except for the last 6 miles and i was going at LEAST 80-90 the whole way with no stops.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
IIRC, on my "Anniversary" thread, I believe it was in the area of 32MPH over 27.5K mi. Considering LA city and highway traffic, I'd say I have the same gravity hole as well.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Whoa- yours does DD:HH:MM:SS? Mine is HHHH:MM:SS (see this thread for my times)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kcrudup said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Whoa- yours does DD:HH:MM:SS? Mine is HHHH:MM:SS (see this thread for my times)
I'll have to double check...I wrote it down on the back of an envelope when I was exiting the vehicle this afternoon. Maybe it was 216 days.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bradical said:
wow thats FAST!
<snip>
WAY TOO MUCH sittitng in traffic on the beltway and 66 :(

i did measure a 300 mile trip to NJ last year and i averaged over 60 MPH :twisted: needless to say it all ALL highway except for the last 6 miles and i was going at LEAST 80-90 the whole way with no stops.
Mine includes at least two roundtrips to Michigan (probably ~2400 miles of +75mph driving), as well as my morning commute (about 15 miles of ~80mph driving). Where I get hurt is on the way home at 1-2pm, in the parking lot on I66...yes, it's no longer "rush hour" when it lasts 6 hours.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My Trip B is at ~3700 and has an average of 31.5. I have yet to take a road trip in the FX; so its all around town mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I was so happy that my trip counter 'A' had been running since the car was manufactured -- and then I accidentally reset mine. Really pissed me off. ::(

Currently, it reports:

46:30:58 time
1229.9 miles
26.4 mph

I'm driving almost all city now so I'm not surprised at the low mph. Although I miss the occasional triple digits on the highway, I'm sooo glad I don't have to sit in traffic jams (nor get rock chips from gravel trucks).

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I would have felt much better if I had accidentally reset mine. My SA at the dealer reset it at my 7500 mi service :evil: . And it had been going from 4 miles. It had 9 miles on it when I took delivery.
I do so much in-town driving, my avg spped is usually around 24-26.

·
Registered
706 Posts
1888 miles
24.5 mph/avg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts