Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, I watch that Fuel Ecomony way too much :D

So, one day I filled up the car and headed out of town and of course
I was checking on my average fuel economy....

and

who would have thought that the gauge would even go this high :shock:

(these numbers are true as they were on the screen, no photo-shop at all)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and up . . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and up...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and up to 73.1 average MPG :D

(the last one I got a pic of was 77.3 but it was a total blur :( )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay....

before you all start freakin out.....

I live up in the mountains and leaving town, was going down 500+ ft coasting at 40-50 mph. :D

It was just so cool watching the numbers climb.

I guess that would explain my higher mpg sometimes, cuz just knowing that those numbers
are in the average must bring it up some.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
That is great, I on the other hand am on the opposite side of the mpg curve.

Jim :cry:

Average still 8.3 miles to the gallon.

·
Registered
848 Posts
**** Sweet! Pretty soon you'll be selling the gas back to the oil companies! :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Yikes! You keep your HVAC at *66*?!

As far as the mountains, Newton takes it all back on the return trip. I used to see someone in the Mohave desert (~3500FT ASL), and going to see her was bad on gas, but the way home was great!

·
Registered
147 Posts
hahaha :lol: not even a hybrid SUV can beat that number. j/k hehehe. but on the other hand I guess you probably switch to nav or tirepressure view on your way home huh?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
kcrudup said:
Yikes! You keep your HVAC at *66*?!
Nutin' wrong with that. I'm usually between 66-69 too.
Really? If I keep it under 76 (even in the midday Cali sun) I freeze to death!

You two have those undersized pulleys, right?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Does the pulleys really help that much, the way drive I need all the help I can get to achieve better millage.

Jim

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had my 2004 FX35 for 4 months now and I am getting between 12.5 - 13.5 MPG City/Highway. Does anyone know if there are problems with my FX. I am spending way too much money on gas with this car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yesterday I filled up when the light went on, trip computer said 30 miles to empty avg mpg 12.2

I filled up with 20.3 gallons at 270 miles, that is 13.3 mpg

is anyone elses trip computer off?
if so can it be fixed? or does it have to be broken in? my fx35 only has 500 miles and this was the second fillup?

my avg mpg on the trip computer has gone from 9.8 mpg first tank to 12.2 on the second fill up. When will I reach the 16mpg I was hoping for?

so far 2 weeks 470 miles and $94 in gas !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
mkfx said:
yesterday I filled up when the light went on, trip computer said 30 miles to empty avg mpg 12.2

if so can it be fixed? or does it have to be broken in? my fx35 only has 500 miles and this was the second fillup?

my avg mpg on the trip computer has gone from 9.8 mpg first tank to 12.2 on the second fill up. When will I reach the 16mpg I was hoping for?

Do reset your computer after you fillup? If not, then the average displayed would be the average from whenever it was last reset. I always hit the reset button because I'm not interested in a lifetime average.

·
Registered
17 Posts
particlefx said:
mkfx said:

Do reset your computer after you fillup? If not, then the average displayed would be the average from whenever it was last reset. I always hit the reset button because I'm not interested in a lifetime average.
Yes I reset the trip computer and the trip odometer in the dash as well after both fill ups

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Nightkidzz said:
I had my 2004 FX35 for 4 months now and I am getting between 12.5 - 13.5 MPG City/Highway. Does anyone know if there are problems with my FX. I am spending way too much money on gas with this car.
i have not reset for 2 months now and am at 18.2 - 18.5 avg MPG

1 - 20 of 23 Posts