Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
there is no autolock feature. what you can do is train yourself to be a human autolock like i did :D now i automatically do a routine when getting in the car. 1) hop in 2) put on belt 3) auto lock 4) start engine 5) press "ok" on nav

if you look at the order of events, it sweeps from my left shoulder to the right

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sounds like a full upper body FX workout! :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
FX45_2004 said:
i got a 2004 fx45, I found it couldn't autolock! i have a 2004 TL i can set when speed up 10m/h antolock! Fx can autolock? How has to set it? ?thx
Autolock in the FX is something of a misnomer. As others have said, the feature in your Acura does not exist in the FX. The autolock in the FX will automatically lock the doors in the car after a predetermined time period once you leave the car sitting.

I do want to add that I don't think your expectations are out of line at all with respect to this and several other features that are common in cars way below the FX in terms of perceived quality and pricepoint. Being a marketer, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to say that the entire Infiniti line is driven a bit too much by the business, need to get the engineers back into the mix when it comes to features. When you really sit back and look at the technology and features in the FX, it is rather unimpressive.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I agree with Taz, for the price we paid for this vehicle you would think they would include something as simple as autolocks for the doors. Not only did my 2002 Lincoln Navi have the autolocks, but it came with lo-jack and maintinance for the lease term, so I never had to pay for any maininance. But with that said I ended up buying the FX anyways. Not too many companies offer free maintinance anymore. But the autolocks is something Infiniti should include in the next batch of FX's.......

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
... need to get the engineers back into the mix when it comes to features
They did- they engineered in PERFORMANCE. Silly things like auto door locks is something a Marketer would want.

The Navigator I rented when in Chicago last month was cursed with that stupid feature- it was a huge pain in the ass. If you're that worried about falling out of the car (or whatever) you're locking the doors your own self.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've been reading complaints about the lack of auto locking for a month and decided to weigh in. After having this on my Tahoe for 5 years, I don't miss it a bit. I understand that it would be nice if you were afraid of being car-jacked (and it's a reasonable concern to some). The new Tahoe is better but mine had no feature to program it. It auto locked when you started moving and wouldn't unlock until I turned off the ignition. I can't tell you how many times passengers felt trapped in my Tahoe, trying to get out while I finished a phone call or put my sunglasses away with the AC running. I considered it a royal pain in the A$$.

One man's feature is another man's design flaw. To each his own. 8)

·
Registered
498 Posts
kcrudup said:
tazdevl said:
... need to get the engineers back into the mix when it comes to features
They did- they engineered in PERFORMANCE. Silly things like auto door locks is something a Marketer would want.

The Navigator I rented when in Chicago last month was cursed with that stupid feature- it was a huge pain in the ass. If you're that worried about falling out of the car (or whatever) you're locking the doors your own self.
If you don't like me disagreeing with you on another thread, loosen the sphincter and let some air out. If you don't want to, I'll find a piece of coal, that way in your current state, we can both benefit from this situation when you pop out a diamond. :D

Notice the threads in the forum and confusion about autolock? That is what I was talking about with respect to the gap in expectations.

Go look at Infiniti's website, tell me after reading about the FX that it's supposed to be some kind of minimalist uber performance auto. Bottom line is that the car is not marketed as a full-on performance auto, nor is it. Not to mention, Infiniti has spent somewhere in the area of a couple hundred million dollars in the last couple years positioning the brand as a luxury brand. There is nothing wrong with people assuming that it will have some features that are standard in its class.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
tazdevl said:
...need to get the engineers back into the mix when it comes to features. When you really sit back and look at the technology and features in the FX, it is rather unimpressive.
Trying to understand your viewpoints :? Do you have either the TECH or SPORT pkg.?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Had a BMW before, didn't like the ride with the sport. Touring... felt the cost/benefit wasn't there with the Tech. Was in Vegas on business, swung by a couple dealers to re-test drive a couple cars, wrote a check and drove the FX back.

No kids... don't need the DVD, tire pressure monitor (which should be included on all Infiniti cars, they are on $20K cars these days), NAV, backup camera and Intellikey just weren't worth it and really aren't too impressive.

If you lay out a matrix of potential competitors for your average consumer and their features, which includes some cars, Outback/Allroad/XC90, crossovers and SUVs at the pricepoint of a FX, you'll see what I mean. There are just some glaring gaps.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So, you have a good looking car with no toys because you don't consider them impressive, then why are you pushing the spacer so hard? :? NRN

·
Registered
498 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
So, you have a good looking car with no toys because you don't consider them impressive, then why are you pushing the spacer so hard? :? NRN
Didn't want or need the toys in the FX. Looked at them, played with them, unimpressive. Besides, if I want toys, I'll go for a ride in my SC430 I picked up a few weeks ago. :wink: FX makes it out when the weather ain't looking too good or I need the room.

Features go beyond the tech package PINTI. How about daytime running lights, MP3 capable CD player (tell me why the G35 has it and a FX that costs $6K more doesn't), why does the G35 have full auto windows and the FX only has the fronts, why are there no backup sensors in a $40K car, why does the passenger side mirror not go down when the car is plopped in reverse, why are there pushpins holding the underbody cladding in place, why is the quality of leather not up to par with the competition, why do $20K cars have low tire pressure sensors and a $40k car doesn't? These are just a few examples. There is nothing wrong with looking at the competition when you're building a product and incorporating some of their features if they make sense.

Not sure how we got onto this. I don't mind tweaking my car a bit. Couple stealth mods are always a good thing from a performance perspective. I'm INTERESTED in the spacer because it's an alternative to Crawford's products and seems to have a lot of potential. What is wrong with something that works as well as competing products yet doesn't cost as much? Everyone should be pretty enthusiastic about having alternatives.

Some folks on these forums blindly follow and don't question. They assume vendors have thought over everything when most of the time, that isn't the case despite what is said, or not said. Did you notice people that blindly stepped in with canned statements from Crawford's website stating how great the plenum is? A parrot could have done a better job. They didn't ask questions, just made broad statements. They refused to consider the fact that there might be a better alternative.

*Edited - Added a thought

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
Some folks on these forums blindly follow and don't question.
Eh? If you're even thinking about meaning me when you say this, have you any idea how long, and how many cars I looked at before I bought my FX?!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
Had a BMW before, didn't like the ride with the sport. Touring... felt the cost/benefit wasn't there with the Tech. Was in Vegas on business, swung by a couple dealers to re-test drive a couple cars, wrote a check and drove the FX back.

No kids... don't need the DVD, tire pressure monitor (which should be included on all Infiniti cars, they are on $20K cars these days), NAV, backup camera and Intellikey just weren't worth it and really aren't too impressive.

If you lay out a matrix of potential competitors for your average consumer and their features, which includes some cars, Outback/Allroad/XC90, crossovers and SUVs at the pricepoint of a FX, you'll see what I mean. There are just some glaring gaps.
I quoted this entire text, 'cause it's all relevant. You just gutted out everything I bought my FX for, then wonder why (1) you're not satisfied with your car and (2) why so many of us are?

Why did you buy an FX?! Seriously?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
HeHe taz, let's see if this adds up. Middle of the dessert, AWD + some perf. mods, no toys, odd int./ext. color combo = not very marketable resale value. :? ...btw, did you say you were in Marketing? :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
kcrudup said:
tazdevl said:

I quoted this entire text, 'cause it's all relevant. You just gutted out everything I bought my FX for, then wonder why (1) you're not satisfied with your car and (2) why so many of us are?

Why did you buy an FX?! Seriously?
Sport package is still questionable Kenny. No one knows if things are really different other than the 20's based on what I've read here.

If you think that a intellikey, backup monitor, NAV and tire pressure indicator make the car, then we used different criteria to make our purchase decision. That's all that's different from Touring. Minivans have those features, sans the Intellikey.

·
Registered
498 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
HeHe taz, let's see if this adds up. Middle of the dessert, AWD + some perf. mods, no toys, odd int./ext. color combo = not very marketable resale value. :? ...btw, did you say you were in Marketing? :D
Psst if you're good at marketing you don't sweat those things. :wink:

AWD because I roadtrip regularly to snowboard, mtn bike where sometimes I don't mind taking the FX (just need the ground clearance). I'm probably heading back to the Bay Area soon... Tahoe. The FX is more fun to drive if it isn't snowing that my Land Cruiser.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
tazdevl said:
If you think that a intellikey, backup monitor, NAV and tire pressure indicator make the car
They don't "make the car", they make it better. Icing on the cake.

Minivans have those features, sans the Intellikey.
There's lots of things in a minivan we have in our FXen- they're also in a Lamborghini, too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You're so emotionally involved in this it isn't a productive discussion any longer. It all boils down to perspective. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think the FX is the cat's meow, you do. I'm happy you have a car that you think is great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.