Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't used anything but my IntelliKey since I got my '45, so I'm not sure if we're subceptible to this, but it appears a number of G35s have been broken into by screwdrivering the lock and using the auto-window-down feature to get into the cars. This thread and related detail it (and some fixes).

Is this an issue for us, too?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
****, that really sucks. This is the first I've heard of this problem. I would assume it would work the same way on the FX.

Looks like it's easy enough to do either of those fixes, but I wouldn't want to get caught with a dead fob battery.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
****, that really sucks. This is the first I've heard of this problem. I would assume it would work the same way on the FX.

Looks like it's easy enough to do either of those fixes, but I wouldn't want to get caught with a dead fob battery.
i think so KC--

try the keyblade in the handle, and see if you can engage the windows.....

i am getting the rhs handle finisher for mine, for visual deterrancy....

if i lock out, i have AAA or inf. roadside, or my wallet key.... one of em has to work!

-eS

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You'd have to call it in. Your wallet key would do no good without access to the key hole. The finisher is attached in such a way, that you would have to break it, possibly damaging the surrounding door panel and/or paint getting it off.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Maybe we should start stashing an extra fob battery in a hide-a-key box behind the bumper or something. I'm not so much worried about the car's battery going dead as the fob battery, because you know at some pint, it's GOING to happen.

Anybody got the part number for the rear driver's side finisher we need for this? The alternative fix, though nery effective, is a bit extreme IMHO; if they wanted in your car that badly, they'd just smash the window (though I guess the same could be said regarding covering the key hole).

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
you need one of those flame thrower kits installed under the side sill of the FX on each side. if the key slot and tumber gets damaged becasue of a screwdriver, the flamethrowers kick in and cook the ******* :twisted:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You know, I've actually heard of that being done in some parts of the world. My personal favorite would be a tazer built into the seat that zaps the poor schmuck that breaks in and plops his butt down. Then he'd be sittin' there waiting to get his ass kicked when you return. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MustGoFastR said:
You know, I've actually heard of that being done in some parts of the world.
That would be "parts of the world with fewer lawyers", that is. I've heard of cases where burglars have sued homeowners for injuries caused while breaking in and won. :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
you need one of those flame thrower kits
They actually use them in South Africa legally. The owner of some BMW was explaining it after 3 of his cars have been stolen.

Sweet

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
EASY solution..........

disable the wire that activates this feature, going to the key cylinder (5 ohms i think)

only downside is you lose the abuility to lower the windows/unluck the pass door with the key in the cylinder.... NOT a big thing to worry about, when you use the remote solely...

and YES, you still can use the key to lock/unlock the driver's door....

i will be doing this to mine, once i am sure of which one it is (accessed withOUT removing the panel too!)

i hate theives.............

alot

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
particlefx said:
Looking forward to the details of your EASY solution, for that's one mod I would certainly do.

me too....

im following the story myself........

i will post here ASAP......

((for electronics, it hasta be supersimple for me to even contemplate it...))

more soon, im hoping

sms

ps- does the FX unlock all four doors from the driver keyhole??? (never tried it really) what about the windows??? all four?? (45 maybe, 35 maybe not??)

·
Registered
443 Posts
any news?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
you need one of those flame thrower kits
They actually use them in South Africa legally. The owner of some BMW was explaining it after 3 of his cars have been stolen.

Sweet
I believe Car & Driver had an article on this a few months ago...VERY interesting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts