Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I've been confined to a bed for a few weeks for back surgery, and I just noticed that somebody decided to scratch all 4 doors on my FX :cry: . Does anybody in the Houston area know of a reputable shop I or my brother can check out to get the 4 doors repainted or do I have to take it in to the dealership?

Thanks in advance!

Brisseyda

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Doh! Not the best thing to see when you finally get out... hope you're doing better than your FX...

BTW, for the scratches you may not need a repaint... there are some detailers out there that can do magic with some scratches... I'd look into that first... you'd be looking at about $300-500 for the detailing job, but you're probably looking at $300-500 per panel if you're going the repaint route... so X4 for the repaint...

Most competent detailers that have done these big jobs before will have an album of before and after photos that you can look at before you decide what you want to do...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, physically I'm feeling better; but I'm just wanting to get back to my normal daily activities!

No, the scratches were not the best thing to see! Had it not been because I needed to lean on the door, I wouldn't have noticed. The scratches aren't deep, but it still bothers me. I was upset, especially after having my FX for about a week and right out of the collision shop.

I truly appreciate your advice, I'll have my brother look into some detailers around the Houston area.

Thanks!
Brisseyda

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Someone kinda close to me showed me his work on a REALLY bad keyed car... the result wasn't 100% but was pretty darn near close... from the pictures, I couldn't tell the difference, but he told me if you looked really carefully at certain angles in 2 spots you could see where the paint was touched up...

He's on the ORG and is also a member of a detailing forum... I'll send him a PM and see if he knows anyone in the Houston area...

·
Registered
147 Posts
DatMan said:
Someone kinda close to me showed me his work on a REALLY bad keyed car... the result wasn't 100% but was pretty darn near close... from the pictures, I couldn't tell the difference, but he told me if you looked really carefully at certain angles in 2 spots you could see where the paint was touched up...

He's on the ORG and is also a member of a detailing forum... I'll send him a PM and see if he knows anyone in the Houston area...
Dat..I posted the request so I'll pass on the info if she pm's me her email address. The people on that forum do very good work.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Thanks richy! I'm getting anxious for spring to roll around so I can stop by to see you! Can't wait for my FX to finally look decent again...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
richy said:
DatMan said:

Dat..I posted the request so I'll pass on the info if she pm's me her email address. The people on that forum do very good work.
Hey Richy, I sent you a PM with my email address.

Brisseyda

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DatMan said:

Thanks Dat!

Brisseyda

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
No problemo... try to take some before and after pics... I'm sure peeps on the ORG would be interested to see what can or can't be fixed with a good detailing job...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts