Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay gang, I need some help. I just drove home on I-66...normal rush hour traffic at 2pm. I'm following another vehicle about a car and a half length back (not really tailgating as it's about the same distance as everyone else, and I can see ahead/over it) at around 30-40mph in the left lane when this Lexus SUV (I forget the model, but it's the larger one...LX430, I think) in the middle lane flips on his signal and merges in front of me with about a foot to spare. Now (then, not now) I'm SERIOUSLY pissed, and tailgating him for the next mile, maintaining about that same distance...and yes, I know it's wrong, and that I shouldn't be playing chicken with a two ton vehicle. So, I'm here confessing my dumbass mistake, and asking for suggestions...how do you guys keep your cool when some dolt pulls a stunt like that with you? I'm still peeved about him, and I wish Officer Friendly had been there to see him cut me off, but I know my action could have cost me too. :oops: Feel free to tell me what an idiot I was, but what should I have done...just back off and go on my merry way?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
particlefx said:
LOL...I think that was the face I saw in my mirror when I got home. As much as I wish I could have pulled him over and given him a good ass kicking, I know there's no chance of that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wave a piece in his face!Jk :twisted: I know what you are talking about, I feel you man. I just turn up my XM and ignore them. F' it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I usually let it go - it's just not worth getting mad over it. Although I gotta admit, in my younger days I would've passed him and let him taste his own medicine. Better yet, if he's one of those types trying to rush through the traffic by jumping from lane to lane, I'd mess with him a little by slowing down first; then when he's ready to pass me, speed up and get in front of him and do it again. :twisted: Yeah, I know, but I was young and stupid... :evil: :oops:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yup, I'd do what Aleko said.

Get in front of him and slow down, then speed up when he tries to pass you. Get on HIS NERVE and not let him get on yours.

Then again I'm still young.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Aleko said:
I usually let it go - it's just not worth getting mad over it. Although I gotta admit, in my younger days I would've passed him and let him taste his own medicine. Better yet, if he's one of those types trying to rush through the traffic by jumping from lane to lane, I'd mess with him a little by slowing down first; then when he's ready to pass me, speed up and get in front of him and do it again. :twisted: Yeah, I know, but I was young and stupid... :evil: :oops:
I'm with you.

When I first moved to Chicago, I was hit by a 16 yr old girl driving her mom's car on her 16th birthday in Oak Brook. Then next day when a lady cut in front me while my two kids were sleeping in the back, I passed her and pushed her out of the road. Yes, I was little too nut and stupid. Now, I usually let go of things like that.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I guess that today was a day for wacko drivers.

This morning going to work, leaving the subdivision, I stopped and waited for this car to go by. I notice its a forester ( 1 of 4 cars is a forester) bicycle on top and a huge tatooed guy driving. No big deal, I thought. Well, he is doing 30 in a 35 and I am 1 1/2 car lenghts back (being nice). Then all of sudden he flips a U-turn in the middle of the road and gets behind me. WTF
I did nothing to him, was not even tailgating or anything.

Anyway, I took off to lose him. I knew they were doing some construction on my way, so I went a couple of streets ahead of the road block, raced down a side street and up to the road block. The construction guys point to the road closed sign and I pointed straight with a smile and wave, and they waved me thru.

I didn't see the forester again.

Thank God.

I still dont understand what the **** his problem was, except that he is a weirdo.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Q. for FromHereToInfiniti: Did you honk at that a-hole?

I used to have a ton of road rage when I was younger. Not that I was an agressive driver to begin with but when idiotic drivers like that would either cut me off or tailgate me, I'd lose my temper and do some stupid sh!t - Used to think I'd teach that person a lesson by giving them a taste of their own but in reality it's just making things a lot worse for everyone on the road. After witnessing and hearing about tons of stupid accidents because road rage, I've realized that it is something not worth getting into a potential accident over. No point in endagering myself and others because of one idiot. I've learned to just honk and get on with my life ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
ujmot said:
... After witnessing and hearing about tons of stupid accidents because road rage, I've realized that it is something not worth getting into a potential accident over. No point in endagering myself and others because of one idiot. I've learned to just honk and get on with my life ;)
Besides, more often than not that idiot wouldn't have any idea he/she just cut you off or did something wrong, so in his/her eyes you're now an idiot cutting him/her off for no reason. If both drivers in this situation are very temperamental, I can see this ending very ugly.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aleko said:
ujmot said:
... After witnessing and hearing about tons of stupid accidents because road rage, I've realized that it is something not worth getting into a potential accident over. No point in endagering myself and others because of one idiot. I've learned to just honk and get on with my life ;)
Besides, more often than not that idiot wouldn't have any idea he/she just cut you off or did something wrong, so in his/her eyes you're now an idiot cutting him/her off for no reason. If both drivers in this situation are very temperamental, I can see this ending very ugly.
ujmot...Yup, the horn was definately ON, along with flashing the highbeams before he was even halfway into my lane. I'm sure that he knew what he was doing...just wish I'd had an airhorn instead of our puny tooter.

Aleko...I'm sure that if he had pulled off the road, I would have followed and ended up in a brawl. And here in VA, you never know who's packing heat, so that's a potential ugly ending too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
just wish I'd had an airhorn instead of our puny tooter.
Why, that doesn't sound like a hard mod at all... :D

Maybe that's the answer. Don't go into a rage or do anything dangerous. Just blast 'em with a horn loud enough to peel paint.

D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aleko said:
I think this would look good with aluminum roof rails. :lol:
I like it...any chance that one of those is a muskett, or laser canon? Funny that this is coming up...when I lived in Korea I had several cow-orkers who installed similar horns in their Hyundais. The reason being that pedestrians had a serious tendency to just walk out in front of traffic, and would actually ignore car horns...trucks, on the other hand, seemed to scare them, so the horns worked. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts