Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to post and certainly hope someone can help! I have a 2009 FX50s and ordered a new set of Asanti wheels and the garage said the studs are too short although I have bought a set for a 09 Porsche C4S & a 09 Range Rover and the guy knew what to send me for a perfect fit on both. Could it just be the tire guy does not know how to properly install them or should I be looking to buy bolt on spacers with longer studs?? Thanks for any answers, I want to sport the new wheels and can't until they are right! walterc

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I don't know the specifics of the wheels you bought, maybe someone does and can provide a better answer, but personally I wouldn't use a bolt-on spacer. I'd try and replace the studs with longer ones. Again, never tried this on an FX, but I've done it on another type of car (bought an Audi with aftermarket wheels, they had swapped the studs for longer ones and I wanted the OEM for stock wheel replacement). If the wheels didn't come with new studs, try calling the retailer and ask them to send some. Good luck and post pics when you get it worked out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find it hard to imagine that Asanti would send a wheel that would not fit. The retailer garentees fitment or money back. I live in a rural NC area so most likely it is the "Tire Man".... I am taking it to another guy in Charlotte today. The retailer said that 5 turns would do it! Thanks for the response......walterc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found out the problem! I have to go buy a "shank Style lug" instead of the mag lug and it will then work.....ASAPPIN, I may sell them because I feel sure I will buy another FX50s after this one. Therefore I would take the new wheels and tires and put on the 2009 when I trade it. What are you offering? I have 8-9K miles on the Dunlop Z Rated tires which are on the wheels but I kept the presure sensors for the Asanti/Pirelli's I just put on the Z50. Asappin, I also have a set of 09 Porsche Turbo wheels and 09 Range Rover wheels if you know someone needing them. Thanks,:twisted:

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Rims should have come with required lugs... my aftermarket wheels came with all new lugs since the OEM lugs would not fit it... you should talk to your retailer and they should send you the right lugs free...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts