Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting what I did to the armrests/storage bin to get them to not rattle. This is 99% effective:

1)Get a 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of adhesive foam from Walmart. Looks like construction paper but it's foam (about 1/8 inch thick). If you can't get a good color match, then pick the best and you can adhere the strips to the underside of the rests to make them less visible.

2)Cut to size as shown below.

3)You will also need to line both sides of the storage bin compartment underneath the arm rests. Open the compartment and line each side just as shown for the arm rests. The first photo show 3 strips directly on the ledge underneath the cutout where the storage bin lid clasps. These 3 strips provide enough tension to prevent the clasp from rattling when closed.

4)I didn't show this, but if you open each arm rest and cut two small strips of foam (1/2 inch x 1 inch) to adhere directly underneath each locking clasp, this will create enough tension in the clasps when closed to prevent rattling from the clasp.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
O I C
a picture is worth 1000 words.
i did not understand what the heck you were talking about :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wonder if the foam comes in brick color :roll:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Could you instead put the foam on the underside of the lid so that it was not as obvious?
Ahhh....never thought of that :oops:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I did mine today as well as lined my '03 upper bins with adhesive backed felt. I have the brick interior, so I didn't want the padding to be that obvious, therefore I ended up putting it on the underside of the lids. I used the same felt I used to line the bins in places and the fuzzy part of adhesive backed velro (thicker) in others. I also did't use nearly as much; just played around with different pieces to get placement right. I padded several different areas; basically, just kept shaking and banging on the console and every time I found a new rattle I padded the area. Quiet as can be now. :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice work guy's,

I haven't noticed this problem with my 45 2004. Is this only a problem with 03 models? Or is that I am listening to the engine toooooo much, lol

thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts