Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, do you feel the same "surge" we get using CAIs at 4k and up RPMs using this setup? My wife thinks that WOT with JWT is obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know this is an old thread but i was curious as well, i am still debating on whether or not i should get the JWT

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am thinking of using this setup....and wondering what benefit Stillen would have over stock airbox w/K&N?? Isn't Stillen open at bottom of box thus allow for hot engine compartment air in the intake?

Can anyone point me to a Z-tube vendor?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
We here at Houston (HFXA) already did tests with all diff CAI's ( see more in HFXA meets), it is up to you to determent which is best for you.

-Every car, every driver is a little diff. with each other so, by upgrading only an CAI, you'd only see diff in nano of a sec. or perhaps don't see/feel any thing at all accept you HEAR it loud, and would be LOUDER if you replace the resonator with the Z-tupe.

-So taking your OWN car out to race track to get before and after number would be best result for each individual. But if you don't think a nano of an sec. is important then just make your wife happy and put the rasonator back in the car. IMO, on everyday drivings or just on ordinary streets, I don't see a nano sec. is a huge factor. It just all depends on how DARE you take yourself and the car to the limits. but other ppl would called it stupidity. :p

*Note 1: Remeber, for street cars. Louder not necessary faster.
*Note2: You probably know all about this because 1 of us here in Houston has/had the "Sinciti Mod". :p
*Note3: A NANO SEC. IS VERY IMPORTANT AT THE RACE OR ANY COMPITITION EVENTS, IT CAN DETERMENT A WIN LOOSE SITUATION, regardless what ever you do with your car, regardless what ever weather cond is. If you get ET 14.99sec. You automatically becomes the fastest of the V6 catergory. (this applies for us ORG here only).

·
Registered
204 Posts
We have had some fun at our track as a group. They let us line up and go in pairs. Johns car is faster than mine, for now! we'll see about that going forward.

·
Registered
86 Posts
To my research, the factory FX35 intake tube is about 4 inches shorter than the Z/G intake tube. The Z tube will not work with the Stillen high flow air box or the factory air box unless you find an adapter or coupler longer than the factory one to reach the air box. The only way I can think of the Z tube to be functional is to put a JWT Pop charger on the end of it with the heat shield, granted, the actual pop charger will sit back a few inches from the heat shield. We have plenty of Z tubes and JWT Pop Chargers in stock and are running a special on them. http://www.mynismo.com

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
To my research, the factory FX35 intake tube is about 4 inches shorter than the Z/G intake tube. The Z tube will not work with the Stillen high flow air box or the factory air box unless you find an adapter or coupler longer than the factory one to reach the air box. The only way I can think of the Z tube to be functional is to put a JWT Pop charger on the end of it with the heat shield, granted, the actual pop charger will sit back a few inches from the heat shield. We have plenty of Z tubes and JWT Pop Chargers in stock and are running a special on them. http://www.mynismo.com
It will work with a bit of imagination and a lot of us here have that set-up

Here is my how to http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1427 others have done it differently than using the accordian piece.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Yeah. That "Sincity mod" looks real familiar with the red coupler and all...:p

[/img]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts