·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy one for the FX

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I have the factory cover (NOAH material) and use it every day. It works great, just don't use it in high winds or it will flap against the paint. If going aftermarket, you might consider the Weathershield fabric. It is much thinner, lighter and folds more compact, but provides great protection (the factory Z and G covers are of this fabric). The advantages of the NOAH are that it is a bit heavier so as to be able to stay put in light to moderate wind and it has a bit of thickness to it that may provide a small amount of cusioning against impact (hail, etc.). The cover keeps my FX very clean and repels rain fairly well. It will soak in heavy rain, but channels the water down the sides so your paint won't spot (might leave a slight film, but nothing compared to water spots) and dries very quickly.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory cover? Where did you buy it from? Is it custom fitted?

Right now as it stands, it's either kill all the squirrels and birds near my property everyday or get a car cover. :evil:

Thanks Steve! :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The factory cover is available through Grubbs or your local dealer. I think it runs about $280, is fitted, light grey and has a nice silkscreened Infiniti logo on the front and clear panel over the rear licence plate. I'll try to put up a couple pics later.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Here are a couple of pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. Thanks a bunch for the pics :) I'm gonna order one from Grubbs.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You're welcome! 8)

Oh, and I was way off on the price. It is only $165 from Grubbs and $10 for a cable/lock.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I noticed. ;) Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts