Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got XM in my FX35. I was in my buddies car the other day, and he had Sirius, and the programming is more to my liiking. Has anyone swapped it out? Anyone care to trade to go to XM?

Second question. If I swap from XM to Sirius, do I need to swap out antennas or anything? Or, should it be a reasonably quick pull it out and reconnect it (XM unit for Sirius unit)?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

WF

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm pretty sure the antennas are different between the two services.

Care to elaborate on the programming differences that's drawing you to Sirius instead of XM? Just curious, I currently have XM.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You'll definitely will need a Sirius antenna and receiver to swap.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You'll basically have to re-run a new antenna, which is 90% of the job. The tuner is just a swap. But now you can get a smaller antenna at least and hide it if you like (assuming your FX came with the Sat pre-installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sirius versus XM

I'm a modern rock kinda guy and the XM is pretty weak. For reference, I really like Launchcast.com and their programming... all sorts of good stuff. Sirius seems to be more like that... more aggressive, better "genre" stations.

XM has far superior coverage. So, there's always tradeoffs. I'm usually in cities, not in tunnels much... so I figure I'm ok.

Thanks for the feedback guys... i appreciate it.

WF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts