Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a dealer that has a 2004 that the owner has been using as a demo. I just recieved an email from them and it looks like it's a BERYLLIUM FX 45 with tech package MSRP is just over $52,000. The $2000 bonus cash is available and so is 2.9% 60 month financing. What is a good price to negotiate to. I've seen people trying to get around $3500 off invoice (including the bonus cash) on new left over 2004's. Since this is a demo, I won't find out the milage till tommorrow but assuming it's less than 10,000 what's a fair price? Has anyone purchased a demo FX before? How does the warranty work?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I got more facts from the dealer. 1600 miles. MSRP is $52635 they want $45,400. That's only $2000 off invoice which accounts for the infinity cash incentive. If it was brand new I would do $44,000 but 1600 miles is not a new car. I'm thinking a good deal would be $41,000 or is that not realistic? Any Help?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I thought the same thing and tried to make a deal on an FX45 in the Phoenix area... Same story. Dealer demo, 800 miles, '45/Premium/Tech. Lowest I could get them to go was $45k, and I walked away from the deal. To me, with 800 miles on it, it's a used can and should be priced accordingly.

YMMV.

Matthew

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just picked up a 2004 Laser Red FX45 fully loaded with:
1. Premium/Technology
2. Chrome Rims
3. XM Radio
4. DVD System

It had 18K miles and was an Infiniti Executive car. Condition was "good" on a scale of "poor" to "excellent".

Selling price was $39,995 + tax & lic. Wholesale is about $37K so I may have left a bit on the table, but not enough to get my panties in a bunch.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think what everyone in your shoes is experiencing is the rarity of the FX45. There just aren't many out there and the dealers are less likely to deal down as far as they will on the 35. My dealer (same one Matt tried to deal with) probably has 25 plus '04' FX35 on the lot.

You want a great deal, get an '04' FX35. :)

You want max power and fun :D , pay a little more and get a 45. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Oh, I forgot....only buy a demo if you get a really, really, relly good deal.

Cuz that car did not have a proper break-in and properly got the Sh!t kick out of it.

I was not very nice on my demo FX (sorry), I reved and raced for a wild 20 mins. 8)

There are plenty of Great Fxs out there, just look a bit longer.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm amazed at how many of the '03' FX's on the market have sooo few miles. I'm gonna get killed when I get rid of mine end of '07' with 75K miles. At least I will have a lot of fun getting there. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is there an incentive for demos? I thought that's some kind of illusion that dealers created to unload inventory. They usually use whatever retail or dealer money they have on previous models and sometimes willing to loose some money since they're demos. But I thought demos are less expensive not because there is some sort of dealer cash money but because dealer's willing to take that much lose.

When I was in this business as mfg. purchasing agent some yrs ago, I was always able to get better deals from new ones(in this case '04s) than demos because usually demos have more money in it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In UK a dealer has had to actually purchase the Demo (not owned by the bank. Therefore it is THEIR money sitting there depreciating, hence they normally sell them way low.
My father was a dealer (still has a garage but no dealership. He ALWAYS buys his Benz as a demo, low miles,low price,depreciation mostly gone already.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Oh, I forgot....only buy a demo if you get a really, really, relly good deal.

Cuz that car did not have a proper break-in and properly got the Sh!t kick out of it.

I was not very nice on my demo FX (sorry), I reved and raced for a wild 20 mins. 8)

There are plenty of Great Fxs out there, just look a bit longer.
I drove the demo that I test drove like it was stolen, the salesman even tried to doughnuts in an empty parking lot to "show" me the VDC. So unless your get 1000's of invoice . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.