Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing all of the original rear end bushings on my "05 FX45 (204K miles) with polyurethane bushings. This includes the subframe bushings, inner control arm bushings, trailing arm bushings, and the three hub mount bushings per side. However, I am unable to locate any lower control arm bushings. If I buy new lower control arms, it will run me at least $500 (as much as the price of all the other bushings combined).

Has anyone been able to purchase the lower control arm bushings by themselves?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone interested, I was able to locate the correct bushing for the FX45 lower control arm per Siberian Bushings. They are going to update their catalog to show that this is the correct part for the FX.

You can see the other bushings available here:

I haven't been able to locate the rear upper control arm ball joint as a separate piece but the entire upper control arm with new (nonpolyurethane) bushings and ball joint is readily available and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2004 Infiniti FX35
41 Posts
Have you checked out Rockauto they pretty much have everything for my 2004 FX35. Even doors, bumpers etc. Check it out and let me know. I had Infiniti replace my rear subframe. $2500.00.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked out Rockauto they pretty much have everything for my 2004 FX35. Even doors, bumpers etc. Check it out and let me know. I had Infiniti replace my rear subframe. $2500.00.
I had the repair completed for $1400 labor. All polyurethane except for the upper control arm which I replaced as a unit. I had read that the four subframe bushings are not considered serviceable but I bought them anyway since they were available. They were about $50 apiece plus shipping, significantly more expensive than the other bushings. Once the shop had the car apart, they were hesitant to change the subframe bushings out since the subframe is aluminum (and not solid) and is apparently at risk for being kinked or bent when the bushings are pressed in or out. They were still good anyway so I left them alone. Structurally, they look like they are under less stress than the other bushings. At any rate, the transient wobble that I would get while turning right at high speed like on an on-ramp or if I made a quick direction change on the highway is gone. The wobble had been severe enough to get my attention when it happened.

·
Registered
2004 Infiniti FX35
41 Posts
I'm glad you got it fixed. I also had the same issue with my rear subframe bushings that were torn and leaking as well as my front stabilizer bushings so I took it to Infiniti and they replaced the entire rear subframe because they said you cannot replace the bushings they are machined pressed. This repair cost me $2531.75. I Had this done back on September 16th 2020. Handling was really stiff but the slight vibration in the steering wheel was still there as well as a little instability. So I checked out their work on the rear subframe all was good, then I checked the front left and right tie rod bushings, and found that infinity charged me for the replacement and never fixed it.
I took these pictures. Tell me what you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts