Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it in my trunk but do not know what to do with it. I also got my windows tinted yesterday. Used 15% Llumar. Also, does anyone have a good picture of how the cargo net should be installed? The one in the manual kinda looks like the net is stretched on the floor. I tried to install it another way on some hooks i found in the trunk but the rattle while driving drove me nuts!

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShadyJC said:
That thing is the front license plate holder..
Ok. thanks. Dont use it in my state so i had no clue what it was.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just be glad they didn't screw it into your bumper when they received the car. Throw that thing away!

As for the cargo net, there are a few different ways it can be hooked up. Do a search on it and you should find some info. Hooking it up as a "pocket" between the upper and lower loops by the hatch is very popular.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
05fxguy said:
I tried to install it another way on some hooks i found in the trunk but the rattle while driving drove me nuts!
I once had that problem, I installed the net and thought it made noise/rattle while driving, I took that net away but the noise/rattle still there... untill 1 day I happened to tilt my rear seat up a little bit( away from the back) and the noise were gone after that, werd huh?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I threw mine out when I got my FX then I saw one going on Ebay for $ 20.00.

I could have used $20. :(

Put it in the For Sale thread and see if someone wants to buy it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I threw mine out when I got my FX then I saw one going on Ebay for $ 20.00.

I could have used $20. :(

Put it in the For Sale thread and see if someone wants to buy it.
My FX didn't come with one and I didn't want one, but in CA. the law requires that you have front license plates. I got pulled over recently and got a fix-it-ticket so I decided to just go ahead and affix it seeing that this is my daily driver. My Infiniti dealership wanted to charge me $68 for this front license plate "kit" (ridiculous) so I spoke to our customer relations manager and got it for free. It sounds like $20 would have been a good deal for someone who needed it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts