Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a little '00 Mazda Protege' for a beater and predicatbly enoughm the check engine light came on about 10 miles down the road. :roll: I knew they had a warranty extension campaign for the mass airflow sensor, but it's expired. The symptoms match (poor idle, likely messed up emissions), so I'm sure that's what it is; I just need to find the cheapest source for the part. I'll also try cleaning the existing one, but I doubt it'll work. Any help would be appreciated. 8)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get it. That a recomendation or a joke? I need a source and a phone number if they don't have a website.

REALLY need help here; my FX is going bye-bye this sat and I need to get this thing running right. I haven't been able to find ANYPLACE on-line that has it and even autozone says it's unavailable. WTF? You can't possibly tell me that Mazda is witholding the part to dealers only for this campaing. What are you supposed to do when your car is outside the milage requirement for that campaign, get raped by the dealer for the part?

Here's a link to the bulletin: http://web2.iadfw.net/theman/protegefaq/tsb/ssp56.htm

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Riiiiight, so yeah, not really in the mood. Any legit help would be appreciated, here guys.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
What are you supposed to do when your car is outside the milage requirement for that campaign, get raped by the dealer for the part?
Yup, basically it. Anything from Mazda tends to be a bit more expensive if the parts available.
Have you tried BapGeon, they should have it for you. They have 1 store locates right by your house, on Nasa road One. (281-338-2671)
http://www.bap-geon.com/main.html
If you are in luck, you can get some parts from the site below too.
http://www.alloemautoparts.com

·
Registered
641 Posts
Try a Mazda forum, you might find others who have had the same problem.

You can also check Autozone.com or Kragen.com they may be able to ship you the part.

I dont really understand your problem, you just purchased a car and 10miles down the road it broke down on you, so why dont you take it back to where you baught it? and why are you selling it already?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the links; I'll try those ASAP. Autozone says the part is unavailable to them. Nothing on Ebay. Tried forums and everyone is either getting it replaced under warranty or just buying from dealer. Got a few ideas there, though. Car did not break down; just idles rough and I want to get it sorted out before I try to get it smogged. Not selling it and if you don't know about me selling my FX, you've been living under a rock. :wink:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No luck on any of the links. Guess I'll try cleaning it first, then bending over at the dealer. :( Thanks for the help, guys.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
2Fast4U said:
ShadyJC said:
Did'ja check eBay?
haha, Shady.
I'm wondering you or SweetFX who spends more time on Ebay but I Love the price.
Hey, remember about a month or so ago it was *me* who posted a "what's eBay all about" thread... I am still an eBay N00B so go easy on me! But slowly learning... amazing what you can find on there. Where else can you buy a Tiki doll, a Rolex watch and a car part all in the same place???

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I like to look a lot on Ebay, but really I dont buy much.

Just a lot of looking. :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Riiiiight, so yeah, not really in the mood. Any legit help would be appreciated, here guys.
Sorry about the poor mood man. I was providing legit help

A) Now you know that there are many junkyards in the Bronx.
B) If you cannot find it there the part does not exist.
C) Try switchboard , better yet here it one place for you to start

L and M Used Auto Parts
741 HUNTS POINT AVE
BRONX, NY 10474 Phone: (718) 861-8328

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ShadyJC said:
Where else can you buy a Tiki doll, a Rolex watch and a car part all in the same place???
Tijuana. :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BirdMan said:
MustGoFastR said:
Sorry about the poor mood man. I was providing legit help

A) Now you know that there are many junkyards in the Bronx.
B) If you cannot find it there the part does not exist.
C) Try switchboard , better yet here it one place for you to start

L and M Used Auto Parts
741 HUNTS POINT AVE
BRONX, NY 10474 Phone: (718) 861-8328
Thanks, man. Not your fault; I was just a bit grumpy last night. I thought of salvage yards, but I just don't have the kind of time to go looking for a needle in a haystack like that. I'm going to try the cleaning method tonight, reset the computer and go from there. I think I saw that you can get rebuilt MAFs from the dealer for just over $100 or so; if that's the case, that's not bad. I fugured I'd have to spend a few hundred to get the car tuned up and running good anyway.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found somebody on a Protege forum selling a used one for $50. It's from a '99, but it should work in a '00 ok. I e-mailed him; hopefully he still has it.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.