Infiniti FX Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
intuitionsys said:
I'll be tickled pink if I can hack the S3 so that's my biggest concern after getting the touchkit driver working with the 2.6.8 kernel
Wow- I just discovered this thread!

If you need help on any of this, E-mail me at [email protected]- I've just done both a video driver and a touchscreen (I see you've gotten that out of the way) driver for the 2.6 kernel series.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
intuitionsys said:
if you plan on using Linux with one of these let me know and I can forward any gotchas.
I'm probably going with WinXP only because I'm pretty fluent in C#/.NET and don't know enough about linux to fill a thimble. But if you come up with some really cool stuff, I could dual-boot it :).

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PhilP69 said:
intuitionsys said:
if you plan on using Linux with one of these let me know and I can forward any gotchas.
I'm probably going with WinXP only because I'm pretty fluent in C#/.NET and don't know enough about linux to fill a thimble.
If we do this in "Qt" (my choice for multiplatform embedded design) we could run it on both platforms!

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's what I'm using for the GUI (and a few other nifty Qt things like QSocketNotifier). The way I'm talking to the touchpanel is tied to the linux/unix way of doing things, i.e. reading the data frames directly from /dev/usb/tkpanel0. I'm available at [email protected] if you need any pointers re Qt or whatever. I use it alot on both platforms.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
intuitionsys said:
The way I'm talking to the touchpanel is tied to the linux/unix way of doing things, i.e. reading the data frames directly from /dev/usb/tkpanel0.
Didja have to hack up src/kernel/qws_touchpanel.cpp ? I couldn't get around having to modify that file for the packet format of the mouse I was using (and I didn't want to change the struct in the kernel, 'cause one of the clients platforms has to run Qtopia, which is only supported on Qt 2.X)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got the driver source for the panel (for fedora core II) which would compile without mods (btw their coding is very odd but it works and will compile agains 2.6.8).

I then had to copy alot of things manually to where they needed to be just because fedora is a fair bit different than SuSE. One thing I could not get working was their X driver (tkusb_drv.o I think) which in my case was actually a good thing just because of the way the system I'm developing works. I have a daemon that signals the main app when "touch lift" events occur spitting out the X and Y coordinates.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts