Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I found out the motor that adjusts my driver side headlight has literally broken off the housing. I found this out when I was driving on a foggy night recently and noticed my headlight was pointing up. A quick inspection revealed that its hanging on, but the housing has broken off.

I am having my mechanic install them on monday and they are asking if these are plug n go. Was there any wiring modifications done? They appear to ready to go, but I thought id ask..

·
Registered
27 Posts
The projector is set up to use a halogen bulb instead of a D2S HID. They look nice but IMO it seems like a lot to spend to step down to a halogen bulb.
I just had mine installed yesterday. The kit does not come with the ballasts with the housings. But, it does come with instructions on how to swap out the OEM headlight equipment needed to use the HID bulbs you already have. Right now the LED's do not come on when my headlight switch is in auto and running during the day. I have to manually turn them on. they do flash yellow when the turn signal is on (and headlights are off). But when the headlights are on and you turn on the turn signal, the LED flashes white with the signal.

I am wondering why the LED's do not come on during the day when the light switch is in auto..

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is your light output with the factory HID equipment? That’s what’s holding me back from upgrading. Want to make sure it’s worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Headlights work awesome, just need to get them adjusted. My mechanic said it takes a special tool so i am procrastinating a bit about trying to find it.

gotta pull the front bumper cover to install them. Thats why i had a pro install them. A lot of the bolts were rusted pretty bad. Minnesota winter's are brutal to cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone tried to adjust these yet? I have had two mechanics look at them and they cant.. One says it takes a special tool, the other says the adjustment screws just turn endlessly like they are stripped..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can find the horizontal adjustment screw, but I do not see a vertical one. Sadly I did not take any photos of the back side of these before I had them installed. And I do not see a screw on the top of them for adjusting vertically like the factory ones.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts