Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The projector is set up to use a halogen bulb instead of a D2S HID. They look nice but IMO it seems like a lot to spend to step down to a halogen bulb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The projector is set up to use a halogen bulb instead of a D2S HID. They look nice but IMO it seems like a lot to spend to step down to a halogen bulb.
Thats a good point, I didn't realize that...

I'd like to see some real world photos with the lights on outside of their promo images. Feel like these blacked out ones on a black FX would look nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a set will post what I think when they are in and on. Thanks for the pointer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lights are in and on

Here is what they look like on the car. I'm actually rather pleased with the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those do look cool. Could you take any more photos of them?!

I'm curious to see how the daytime running lights look as well as some pics a little further from the car.

Is that a wrap by the way or paint?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Getting a lot of light bleed but here are some shots with the lights on. Car is wrapped.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just used the bulbs out of the existing headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is your light output? I have an ‘05 and the lights have been polished a few times. Factory HID just isn’t bright enough to compensate anymore. Looking for options

·
Registered
4 Posts
How is your light output? I have an ‘05 and the lights have been polished a few times. Factory HID just isn’t bright enough to compensate anymore.

Looking for options
Are you looking for switch back lighting for your head lights? There's a person on FB FX/QX Page is selling switch back lighting for FX $800.00+ shipping not real sure but I believe he is from Japan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is your light output? I have an ‘05 and the lights have been polished a few times. Factory HID just isn’t bright enough to compensate anymore. Looking for options
Try sealing them with McGuires headlight sealant. It puts a poly coat on the headlight and seals it. Lasts a year. Comes in a spray can...

·
Registered
2 Posts
TY @dANNYbOY62 & @Queensryche for the suggestions. Really considering the switchbacks if using my factory HID setup is an option. I've had clearance issues in the past with other vehicles trying to use HID bulbs with projector lenses so somewhat weary in this case. Would love to see them in action - pics or vids of the actual headlights on would be great @enderle - maybe even a shot looking from the cabin forward to see the illumination factor.

·
Registered
16 Posts

HID's do dim over time. I finally replaced my 08 45's with a new set of 5000k Sylvania HID ZXE's. Talk about a HUGE difference in look and brightness. They were over $100 a piece, but they were worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Also, I have been detailing a lot on the side for a buddy and I do a lot of headlight cleaning up over the last few years. If your headlights are getting cloudy, its normally due to the protective coating has worn off. You can remove this several ways depending on how bad the headlight is and the shape of the headlight housing. normally i just use my buffer and some fine rubbing compound and attack it that way. (make sure to mask off the paint with tape or youll be sorry) but be careful and not heat up the plastic to much your you will burn it and your screwed. and the shape of the headlight housing can be a deterrent if its too round, that can give you hot spots with your buffer. so if thats the case i use fine wet sandpaper. 600 - 1500 then 3000 grit. start with 600 and wet sand it, then 1500, then 3000. keep it wet the whole sanding process. then buff with a fine rubbing compound by hand or with a machine. just be careful. the wet sanding does the best job of removing the haze then buffing outright. finish it off by sealing the headlight housing with mcguiars headlight sealant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts