Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I am searching for a good phone charger/holder for the FX35/45 that is not huge and obnoxious, and fits nicely with our cramped console.
Has anyone found a good maker?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I found an OK one... It was actually quite good... But I have coilovers set on a firm suspension, so it would often get knocked back and forth... Have you seen the ones that attach to the seat rails?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Truck-Holder-iPhone-Retail/dp/B004M8ST3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526966992&sr=8-1&keywords=cell+phone+holder+for+car+seat+rail[/ame]

I have a nice vent one that wirelessly charges my Samsung Galaxy...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/TORRAS-Wireless-Charger-Auto-clamping-Charging/dp/B07B4C6RJ3/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1526967164&sr=8-4&keywords=cell+phone+holder+for+car+vent+charger[/ame]

Kinda like this, but mine has a better auto-clip mechanism and the part that holds it to the vent is more secure...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,
New used FX 45 owner here.... Couple of related questions. Since this car doesn't have Bluetooth, what has the majority of older FX 45 owners found to be the neatest installation and best product to introduce Bluetooth to this vehicle? Also I have navigation etc, but when I push the SAT button it say "NO SAT" does that mean that the car physically does not have it or that it hasn't been subscribed too... THANK YOU !

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Parrot kits work great... That's what I have on mine... Look them up and you can also look to by a harness... I think the name is SD harness guy? You can try to Google it... He makes harnesses for the Parrot kits that allow them to be hooked up without cutting any wires... Worked like a charm and one of the first mods I did on my FX myself... Costs nearly $200 for the harness but then you can do it yourself and save that money that would have gone to the installer (and also save on possible scratches and other crap those installers usually do)...

No SAT means you don't have the module. Not worth buying IMO. I just use my in-car iPod (connect with the iPod module) or you can just use your phone to stream music once you have a BT kit installed... WAY better than satellite radio IMO...

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're interested in the poor-man's way (with an iPhone 7) - such as moi - what I used in my 2005 FX35 was an iCar cassette in the cassette player (which allows iPhone/iPod music to play through radio) - but will also enable a "hands-free" option for phone calls via the iPhone. To mount the iPhone, I used a hard-plastic mount w/suction-cup affixed to the windshield.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Panasonic-Sh...pe-Adapter/1301557756?iid=263644869029&chn=ps

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Windshield-Dashboard-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B00MXWFUQC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1527298315&sr=8-7&keywords=phone+holder+to+windshield[/ame] (similar to this one)

So, ironically - none of these items are available any longer...so, if you're in the USA - I'd be happy to gift you the suck-cup holder and panasonic cassette tape adapter, as I still have them.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
The '06 and up don't have cassette decks... So not an option for me... :p

But the Parrot kit is pretty nice... Glad I have it over the OEM BT...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh wow; lol. Didn’t realize this. Thanks for the heads up, though. I may just toss the items if no one wants them.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Oh wow; lol. Didn’t realize this. Thanks for the heads up, though. I may just toss the items if no one wants them.
I was just talking for myself... The other guy, stbentoak has an '05 so he can use your setup...

·
Registered
93 Posts
PM me your address; and if USA contiguous, I’d be happy to mail you the cassette, and suction holder. ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was just talking for myself... The other guy, stbentoak has an '05 so he can use your setup...
I'm gonna try something else, Just don't really want a cord hanging out of my cassette deck.... But thank you !

Still learning about this vehicle, but fairly impressed for a 13 yr old car. Appears to be quite solid and a pretty sterling reputation....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey, no problem. I freakin' loved my 05 FX35 - and would have kept it until the wheels fell off, but it was totaled in April this year when a guy turned left across my lane. :-(

What color is your interior? I still have a brand-new set of OEM Tan Floor mats for the FX35/45 I'd like to sell, PLUS like-new (never used) 05-08 Infiniti FX35/45 OEM Rear Retractable Tonneau Cargo Cover Khaki (Tan) and silver (metal accents) - I'd put in closet upon purchase of my new '05 FX35 & still have it - excellent condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't really need any thing but if the mats are cheap enough I MAY be interested... would ship to 46514....I have the same interior...

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the convenience of placing mobile devices in the car interior, devices have been developed that reliably fix gadgets and provide access to the necessary information. It is important to understand when reviewing phone holders in the car, which one is better to choose; reviews and characteristics of samples will help you buy a reliable model. for example, when i was looking for a good model of the holder in my car, i used new gadget reviews and this helped me find the best design and configuration for me. There are many more different product reviews and you can find a lot of interesting things there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts