Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so maybe I'm taking this to serious, but in the coming month, I plan to take my parents, wife and a week's worth of luggage with us on a nice long trip from San Francisco to San Diego. I just happen to notice the following sticker on the inside of the driver side door, and well it says the limit should not exceed 950lbs for the passengers and cargo combined.

Let's assume that myself and my dad equal about 500lbs, and by wife and mom about 300lbs, that's 800lbs, cutting it pretty close to the 950lbs.

Anyone ever come close to or exceed the posted limit of 950lbs?

Any concerns with approaching the 950lbs?

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yea

I had about my sister and 6 of her friends in the back seat and trunk, and me and a friend. That is about 1020 punds.

·
Registered
411 Posts
2Fast4U said:
Should be OK just don't take it to, say.... Off Road....
I'd say be careful on road as well. Don't go too fast, remember the extra weight translates to longer stopping distances, etc. Also, pay close attention to your tires. Make sure you have your pressure set correctly, not under-inflated. In fact, carrying a load above what the manufacturer rates the vehicle for, I'd go ahead and bump up the tire pressure a couple psi over the recommended 32 psi. The big reason all those Explorers had problems with the tires is because they were under-inflated and couldn't handle the load.

Other than that, you should be fine. Like others have said, I'm sure they built in some fudge factor on that number. And it sounds like you shouldn't be much over it anyway. 150 lbs is a lot of luggage.

Matthew

·
Registered
527 Posts
Re: Yea

Sensei said:
jorgemiranda said:
I had about my sister and 6 of her friends in the back seat and trunk...
Is that where you stash the bodies, Mr. Capone, Al Capone? :p
I was getting an image of Ringling Bros clowns hopping out of an FX... :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Yea

h00kemh0rns said:
Sensei said:
jorgemiranda said:
I had about my sister and 6 of her friends in the back seat and trunk...
Is that where you stash the bodies, Mr. Capone, Al Capone? :p
I was getting an image of Ringling Bros clowns hopping out of an FX... :lol:
lol. Well, they are young and somewhat short, so it was no problem.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll be ok based on all the responses I received. I'll updated this thread after we arrive back in San Francisco in August. I'm also going to try and keep the packing to a minimum.

Looking forward to a nice long journy in the FX. Gotta do the Navi upgrade this weekend first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.