Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My first post. Just got my 04 Diamond Graphite FX35 a week ago. One of my very few criticisms of the fx is the very ugly front antenna. Anyone every changed it for a sleeker or more low profile one?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MustGoFastR said:
I don't think anyone has. Right off hand, I think the JDM IS300 antenna might work. It's about the same size, but smooth. A lot of the Z guys swap out their antenna for this one. You can find them on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
Looks like that's just the mast and not the whole assembly no? What do the other nissan/infiniti antennas look like?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShadyJC said:
According to the e-Bay listing, that antenna would also go good with the following cars:

Toyota Corolla, Matrix, Scion Xa,TC
Volkswagon Jetta, Passat, Golf, Bug, Beetle, GTI
Mitsubishi EVO 8, Lancer
Mazda 3, Protege & others

I'm not trying to be snobby but it's not exactly in the same peer group as the FX, don't you think?
Yup!! :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
mdiez1 said:
ShadyJC said:
According to the e-Bay listing, that antenna would also go good with the following cars:

Toyota Corolla, Matrix, Scion Xa,TC
Volkswagon Jetta, Passat, Golf, Bug, Beetle, GTI
Mitsubishi EVO 8, Lancer
Mazda 3, Protege & others

I'm not trying to be snobby but it's not exactly in the same peer group as the FX, don't you think?
Yup!! :)
:? All it's saying is those are cars that this antenna is known to fit. As I said, lots of Z guys use it as well.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
mdiez1 said:
MustGoFastR said:
I don't think anyone has. Right off hand, I think the JDM IS300 antenna might work. It's about the same size, but smooth. A lot of the Z guys swap out their antenna for this one. You can find them on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
Looks like that's just the mast and not the whole assembly no? What do the other nissan/infiniti antennas look like?
Our mast simply unscrews and can be replaced. If you're looking to replace the entire thing, I'm not sure how easy that'd be or what you'd replace it with. Other Infiniti's antennas look like a piece of wire embedded in the rear window.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
First, welcome to the group. Second I guess that the antenna does not bother me; perhaps due to having the moonroof visor as well (not as noticable since its not up there alone).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Having no rails or visor, I would deffinitely be interested in a more stealth antenna solution, though removing the stock one would likely require dropping the headliner and leave a hole unless you put something else in the same place, which IMO wouldn't be any better than stock. They should have put the antenna under the plastic arch of the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MustGoFastR said:
Having no rails or visor, I would deffinitely be interested in a more stealth antenna solution, though removing the stock one would likely require dropping the headliner and leave a hole unless you put something else in the same place, which IMO wouldn't be any better than stock. They should have put the antenna under the plastic arch of the rear spoiler.
I agree!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
I second that. I wish they would've adopted some other method to prevent the sleekness of the car from getting interrupted with some "bump" on the head.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
At least this is not sitting underneath your antenna
hummn..what antenna? How'd they do that? Next thing you know they'll be going Rail-less too!

·
Registered
176 Posts
My antenna vibrates at around 75 m.p.h. You can hear it from inside the car. I have a wind deflector on the sunroof.

Has anyone tighted their antenna or noticed this vibration?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The windspeed may be forcing it downward to bounce off the deflector, either put a piece of soft black velcro felt, or find a station that has a similar beat. :D ...or lose the deflector, might as well scrap the rails too. :lol:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Either lay the antenna directly on the deflector or tilt it in the 90 degree position.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
shong43826 said:
I think I'm the only one who actually like the stock antenna and its location :shock:
Nah, you're not alone. (But it does look like it's wearing a ribbed condom, don't it?)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
FXcellent said:
Either lay the antenna directly on the deflector or tilt it in the 90 degree position.
That will do the trick!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
shong43826 said:
I think I'm the only one who actually like the stock antenna and its location :shock:
make me the second one who likes the stock antenna

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
The windspeed may be forcing it downward to bounce off the deflector, either put a piece of soft black velcro felt, or find a station that has a similar beat. :D ...or lose the deflector, might as well scrap the rails too. :lol:
you're killing me with the rail-less obsession! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts