Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've waited in the grocery parking lot, turned the car off and let daughter watch her video...probably 15 minutes tops. I never thought about it killing the battery, though. Something to keep in mind I guess.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Punisher said:
Just wondering if anybody has watched an entire DVD in their FX without killing the battery?
Yeah. 1h30m of "Ronin" while waiting for a GF to finish shopping. It's really comfortable back there, and the only thing I wish is I could control the sound of the stereo from the remote w/o having to lean forward and reach thru the front seats.

·
Registered
779 Posts
kcrudup said:
Punisher said:
Just wondering if anybody has watched an entire DVD in their FX without killing the battery?
Yeah. 1h30m of "Ronin" while waiting for a GF to finish shopping. It's really comfortable back there, and the only thing I wish is I could control the sound of the stereo from the remote w/o having to lean forward and reach thru the front seats.
Are you saying that the DVD remote control does not have a volume control? I am really surprised!!!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
krzys4 said:
Are you saying that the DVD remote control does not have a volume control?
No, it does not.
I am really surprised!
I'm not- the DVD is really just an add-on to the stereo, which doesn't have remote-control capability, and I imagine they've decided that changing the volume inside the DVD unit before it goes to the head-end would have it's own set of problems (noise, probably).

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Punisher said:
Gives me a bit more confidence so that next time I'm bored I'll jump in the back and watch something.
I'm single and childfree- so that's exactly the purpose I had in mind when I knew I was getting a DVD!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Punisher said:
I tried it, I was actually watching a music video, and the battery did die, probably lasted around 30 minutes...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
jorgemiranda said:
... and the battery did die, probably lasted around 30 minutes
When did you get your '03?

The reason I ask is I have an earlyish '03 built in Jan 03. It arrived on Miller Infi's lot on Mar 6th, and I bought it on November 12th. While they were doing the hatch TSB before delivery, the battery died ('cause it was a year old and rarely used, I'm sure) and they gave me a new one.

If you've got the original battery in there, it's probably on its last legs.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i watched about an hour, but i was sitting in the front seat with the seat reclined all the way back and the DVD screen angled to max.
may be a little bit uncomfortable to some people but no problems for me.
no problems with the battery either. its a big PITA getting in and out of the back seat :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
kcrudup said:
jorgemiranda said:
... and the battery did die, probably lasted around 30 minutes
When did you get your '03?

The reason I ask is I have an earlyish '03 built in Jan 03. It arrived on Miller Infi's lot on Mar 6th, and I bought it on November 12th. While they were doing the hatch TSB before delivery, the battery died ('cause it was a year old and rarely used, I'm sure) and they gave me a new one.

If you've got the original battery in there, it's probably on its last legs.
I bought it in April 2003

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
contaygious said:
so If I play a dvd on the front and back screen with the car not running does that mean I can only go about half as long as kenny?
I never shut down the front screen (well, except at night, 'cause the Nav screen's distracting), so my 1.5 hrs is probably going to be your usage, too.

·
Registered
566 Posts
kcrudup said:
contaygious said:
so If I play a dvd on the front and back screen with the car not running does that mean I can only go about half as long as kenny?
I never shut down the front screen (well, except at night, 'cause the Nav screen's distracting), so my 1.5 hrs is probably going to be your usage, too.
What would use the AMPereS to drain the battery? Hmm, it must be the AMPlifierS and how loud the speakers are playing...and how charged the battery is. No?

Ahh, I can change the volume from the remote. 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
IssaFX said:
What would use the AMPereS to drain the battery? Hmm, it must be the AMPlifierS and how loud the speakers are playing...and how charged the battery is. No?
Yeah, but don't forget the NAV and the backlight for the front screen. All that stuff is stull running.

Ahh, I can change the volume from the remote. 8)
No sh!t? What year is yours? The '03 remote looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Kenny, I have an 03 also (purchased 8/03) but an after market mobile DVD. The remote has a volume control from 0-10 which control the strength of the output signal sent to the BOSE. Above 5 and the signal starts to become too strong that there would be noticable distortion in the sound output but 0-5 is very usable with setting ~3 corresponding to normal sound level in the FX'en. The stock amps sound fairly clean all the way up to max stock level 30 when the signal they fed isn't too strong. Not perfect solution but does the job - sounds better than most theaters I've been to. :wink:

·
Registered
361 Posts
fxer said:
its a big PITA getting in and out of the back seat :lol:
I haven't had any problems. When I open the front doors, I can get in and out of the FX no prob. I tried it with the rear doors and was able to get in and out without much resistance as well. :p :p :p Must be from eating sushi everynight.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sensei said:
fxer said:
I haven't had any problems. When I open the front doors, I can get in and out of the FX no prob. I tried it with the rear doors and was able to get in and out without much resistance as well. :p :p :p Must be from eating sushi everynight.
well i am not the smallest guy (6'2" , 215 lbs) with long legs
so i must move the front seat all the way forward to sit in the back and my knees still barely touch the front seat. bottom line, it is more comfortable for me to recline the front seat and watch the DVD from there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
fxer said:
Sensei said:
fxer said:
well i am not the smallest guy (6'2" , 215 lbs) with long legs
so i must move the front seat all the way forward to sit in the back and my knees still barely touch the front seat. bottom line, it is more comfortable for me to recline the front seat and watch the DVD from there.
Ah, now it makes more sense. Originally, I thought you were trying to just hop thru the center console into the back seats. Tis why I thought it would be easier to just go thru the doors. lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.