Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
As soon as you show me a set that looks as good as the stock 20s, let me know. Most people with an FX don't want to compromise the looks for a bit of a performance edge. I'm mod-crazy and I don't.

Those wheels aren't bad, but still not good enough, IMO. How much are they?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I agree w/MGFR...those are ok, but don't cut it when compared to stock for appearance. I'd love to knock off the extra weight though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that the stock ones look better than any alternative. These forged wheels look the most similar out of all the various forged wheels I've seen. They'd be around $700 per wheel in a custom color. I'm thinking that getting them painted to match the Diamond Graphite color might make them look a little more like factory wheels.

It would be nice if a wheel manufacturer would make an exact copy of our wheels only forged instead of cast with some material carved out of the back side of the spokes.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Does anyone know the weight of the original tire and wheels for the stock. This way I have something to compare with.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Does anyone know the weight of the original tire and wheels for the stock. This way I have something to compare with.

Thanks

Jim
If I recall correctly, it's around 75lbs for wheel and tire.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Now i kind of regret changing to 22, since my new setup weighs a little more than the stock.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
My wheels and tires currently weight at 80.5 pounds. Its a cast wheel.

Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked a company that takes FX45 wheels in, chromes them and ships them back out if they knew how much they weighed. The guy got back with me today, "approx. 47 lbs." Wacky huh? I guess the 42.5 lbs. is probably closer to the actual weight. I suspect that the 47 lbs. is closer to the total shipping weight with packaging materials, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts