Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere as well as was informed by a Grubbs parts person via email that they were in the process of testing their intake prototype. This was back in June and was told it would be available within a few weeks. Well it's almost October and I can't seem to get any email responses from them. I would call them, but really don't feel like wasting my time on an issue as small as this.

If anybody has any info, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here you go...

Hey Philip,

Fabricator says we'll have product end of this week! Then we'll test
fit, do photos, and package. I don't see us having any problems with it
as we already ran a proto type on a G35 sedan and everything worked
great.

Alex

This has been going on for a while..who knows...
Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks for helping me obtain the info. That's almost the same letter response I received from them back in June.

Well, we'll see what happens soon from the response you got. Thanx again!

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I took delivery of our FX back in May, John @ Grubbs showed me the prototype part. I'll have to stop in (as Im ~5 away) and ask for the current developments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShadyJC:
How very true. The thing is, their intake is supposed to save us FXers from having to purchase the Z-tube and a cutout accordian or now the new styled 3" pipe with silicone cover. That's the portion I'm most interested in. The last time I spoke with someone at Grubbs, I was informed that they would work out a good price for me if I wanted just their piping with the popcharger. I'm really just in it for the added aggressive sound vs performance since an intake alone doesn't do much for this car unless added with the plenum.

OIIIIIIO:
Please update us on the status as soon as you find out what's goin on. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
or now the new styled 3" pipe with silicone cover. [/quote said:
That 3" pipe with silicone cover is known here as the "SinCity MOD" :D :D :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sincity:

Sorry, I meant no disrespect to you and your creativeness. I completely forgot the name of it so I figured to make it easier on myself than to go searching was to just say 3" with silicone. Therefore, I do fully awknowledge that it has been named after it's inventor such as many great things in this world and do greatly appreciate all you've done.

I'm intending to go with the "SinCity Mod" assuming that Grubbs doesn't start selling their system within the next month or two.

·
Registered
224 Posts
aZn_DaIgRAf_Fx said:
Sincity:

Sorry, I meant no disrespect to you and your creativeness. I completely forgot the name of it so I figured to make it easier on myself than to go searching was to just say 3" with silicone. Therefore, I do fully awknowledge that it has been named after it's inventor such as many great things in this world and do greatly appreciate all you've done.

I'm intending to go with the "SinCity Mod" assuming that Grubbs doesn't start selling their system within the next month or two.
LOL! Its all in Jest! :lol:

Welcome to The Board!

·
Registered
882 Posts
There is a Carbon Fiber z-tube piece being sold on my350z.com that looks pretty nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts